• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

News from HTC on launch date

meadway

Oct 30, 2010
The news from HTC is that there isn't any news. I e-mailed the company to try and clarify the delivery situation. Reply was that they regretfully couldn't give me a date. I wonder if the Milestone 2 will appear first? I think I'll cancel my Amazon order, anyway.

John

I went into the Carphone Warehouse today to buy it. They have it on display, and obviously instock, but told me they cannot sell it until HTC officially release it. The release date for the UK has apparently been pushed back to next week at the earliest. I've been waiting ages for this to be released, I am getting tempted just to buy the Desire and scrap the whole idea of having a hardware keyboard!

Upvote 0
I got mine yesterday. Awesome keyboard.

74414445892049425724259.jpg

Upvote 0
I got mine yesterday. Awesome keyboard.

Hey - could you just answer a couple of questions? Firstly, in HTCs mapping app (not Google's), I understand you buy turn by turn guidance - is there an option to buy it outright, as opposed to per week or month?
How is the 720p recording? Any idea about framerates? I found my original Desire's HD vid to be practically unusable - jerky and laggy.
And PLEASE confirm that the Z has 1.5GB of storage - still think it's not enough, but still better than what I have now...
Thanks....

Upvote 0
Hey - could you just answer a couple of questions? Firstly, in HTCs mapping app (not Google's), I understand you buy turn by turn guidance - is there an option to buy it outright, as opposed to per week or month?
How is the 720p recording? Any idea about framerates? I found my original Desire's HD vid to be practically unusable - jerky and laggy.
And PLEASE confirm that the Z has 1.5GB of storage - still think it's not enough, but still better than what I have now...
Thanks....

The g2 and Desire z both have 4gb built in. But it seems htc has locked up alot of it for reasons unknown. My best guess is for gingerbread

Upvote 0
Thanks....

1) No. Month-to-month.

2) It seems fine, no idea on the framerate though. No noticeable lag, even in the random "holy shit!" moment where you just pull it out and the camera usually (on most phones) lags.

3) it has 1,078mb for apps. That's more than enough if you're coming from anything except a Galaxy S. If you really use 500 apps on a regular basis (that's a low end estimate as far as space, since I have 92 apps loaded right now, some of which are 10mb+, and I'm using just shy of 200mb) then you need to seek professional help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones