News & Weather AppGeneral

1. sheehan

sheehan New Member

A couple of days ago an app showed up in my app drawer that I didn't download and doesn't show in Google Play. It's a Google News & Weather app v 1.3.11 but I don't know if it is an official sanctioned app or something malicious.
    Any ideas why it doesn't show in Google Play and why I can't find out the source or how it suddenly showed up because it wasn't there when I first setup the phone.
    BTW I was looking for an app like this so I hope it is just something related to localization (Canadian user) or an upcoming update that was punched to me. Who else has this app on their Nexus 5?

Advertisement
  2. Nocturnal86

Nocturnal86 Well-Known Member

This has always been a standard Nexus or android app...
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Yes, that has been there since my Nexus One. I guarantee you it was there all the time. You just didn't notice it. Until you did. ;)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Its honestly one of my most used apps :D
  5. sheehan

sheehan New Member

Thanks for clearing that up. Don't have it on my Nexus 7s so didn't realize it was standard.
  6. 9878

9878 Active Member

Google News & Weather app is not on my Nexus 5. Is there somewhere I can get it?
  7. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Are you sure? It is just called "News and Weather" with a newspaper icon.

There is this one in Google Play which looks like a branded version of what may have been used for the Google version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.solomob.android.newshog
    Rxpert83 and 9878 like this.
  8. 9878

9878 Active Member

Yes, you correct. I was looking for it titled Google "News and Weather."