[NEWS]WFS Bootloader Unlock Released by HTC

Last Updated:

1. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

As promised, HTC has finally released the Wildfire S bootloader unlock. Check it out at HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader. The tool requires a specific HBOOT so you may be required to apply a new RUU to unlock your bootloader. This will wipe out your data so don't forget to run a backup!

Advertisement
    Harish Harris and El Presidente like this.
  2. KillaRon916

KillaRon916 New Member

How to you apply a new Ruu?
  3. CafeKampuchia

4. KillaRon916

KillaRon916 New Member

Your response is helpful but i can not find my model. My mode is PG76240. So im still confused as to which Ruu to choose from. Your link said make sure the model is the same
  5. CafeKampuchia

I can't answer that. I don't know all the model numbers and what they mean. Is your phone CDMA or GSM? What is the country and carrier?
  6. hybridtrendz

hybridtrendz New Member

So I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but I just got this phone to use in the interim, until i switch to sprint in a month, figured I'd give it a shot to unlock it. I followed the HTC bootloader, so now the phone is unlocked. I verified its unlocked in the download screen.

SO:
    Now what? What can I do? P.S. it wiped all my stuff off my sd card, no biggie. But I want to delete all the factory stuff, do i still need to root it? Was the bootloader to just get it S-Off?

Thanks, this site is great
  7. CafeKampuchia

To root the phone you either need S-OFF or an unlocked bootloader. So there is no need for you to gain S-OFF in order to root. To finish the job, refer to this thread:
    [Guide] How to root the Wildfire S A510e GSM with S-ON (finally!)

If by deleting all the factory stuff you mean de-branding your phone, upgrade to the European 2.3.5 ROM as seen in the guide above.

Cheers!
  8. hybridtrendz

hybridtrendz New Member

I went to that page earlier today, after i unlocked the bootloader.

I followed everything, the best that I could. i went through the screen where it says rooted and flashes different colors. I now installed titanium from the app market, and it says that it cannot gain root access..

What I mean by deleting the factory stuff, is that I would like to delete the crappy apps that I dont use; twitter, daily perks, uno, audible, etc. I just want to see what all I can change, and if I want to get an android phone when I switch to sprint, and try to root that one.

I will go through the process again, and post what doesn't work correctly
  9. hybridtrendz

hybridtrendz New Member

so i did everything again.
    the place that i'm stuck at is a screen that reads;

cwm- based recovery v5.0.2.6
    -reboot system now
    -apply update from sdcard
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -backup and restore
    -mounts and storage
    -advanced
    -power off
    -****go back****

i'm not for sure what to do here, or if i need to do anything. but i know if i do nothing here, my phone still isn't rooted. thanks for the help
  10. CafeKampuchia

So if you reboot now, the does phone boot up into HTC Sense or come back to Recovery?

Try running the root procedure again and look very closely for any error messages. If you see any, try TacoRoot instead.
  11. sgiitk

sgiitk Member

My Kaspersky AV finds and removes one file from htcsupertoolsv3 (both zip and rar). As it is an institutional license I cannot go and tweak the block list. Then the zip or rar file cannot be opened up. How else can I root it?
  12. CafeKampuchia

Try one of the other root methods under All Things Root. As long as your bootloader is unlocked they should work.