News widget/app remove old itemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. caball88

caball88 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi new here, had my DX for just over a week. I have been using the built in news widget and it I actually like the interface. However when I view "all articles" unread or not it lists everything it has pulled down. There are currently 500+ items in the "all articles" and I cant seem to delete. Does anyone know how to remove items i have read already or at least if they will be truncated somehow.

Advertisement
  2. caball88

nobody uses the news feed widget? just checked today and total messages are still growing with no end in site. I might just switch to another rss reader app if this keeps up.

3. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

there is a setting in the configuration of the widget that dictates how long feeds should be kept for. I have mine set at 1 day. Change that, and see if the older items are removed.

4. Trimble1

Trimble1 Member

Where is this exactly? I'm having a hard time with this widget, I can't delete or find a place to change number or days to remove old news. Sorry for being a noob on this. TIA.

5. caball88

i saw that configuration setting, if you click the widget on your home screen and then click the menu button on the phone it will bring up settings to add more feeds and has a drop down with how long the feeds are kept. the default is 1 day, however if you go into your app tray and launch the news app you will see that all the threads are there from your "news" feed(even ones that you have read already). The number kept growing especially since i added a few more feeds. I just gave up on this news feed widget and installed gReader and stopped tinkering.

6. Potere

Potere Member

go into the config as in the previous post (home screen, change to screen w/ widget, menu button) if you delete the feeds you don't want, the items will be deleted. Also, go into Bundles and pick and choose what you want included in each category. Personally, I don't consider E!Online as news nor entertainment, it is in the category of tabloid. The fact that it's included by default can only mean Verizon considers the majority of users as devoid of a personal life or addicted to gossip.