• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help news widget not working correctly

firestarter

Lurker
Jul 19, 2010
hi ive the news feed widget on my homescreen and it just shows the headlines til the other day i just had to press the headline i was interested in and it took me to another page showin headline and saying press for full story. if pressed took you to the bbc site onto that story. now if you press it just does nothing. it flashes green so it knows its been touched but doesnt do anything . ive not changed any settings or anything

I'm on a HTC Desire HD.
I have the News widget set up on one of my home screens.
It worked fine for a week, then it simply stopped getting any updates. I've tried removing and putting back the widget, and removing the rss feeds and putting in new ones. nothing seems to work.
It simply wont synchronise with any servers.
If I use the News & Weather app that works, but not the News app.
The app I'm having trouble with is the one provided by HTC. The android News and Weather works, but I don't like the widget as much.

Upvote 0
Mine failed today also. I was reading Gizmodo in the widget and a headline item would open to a summary page then I could click on Read Full Article, but suddenly it stopped working. I rebooted, I deleted the widget, I force stopped it, I cleared data and it no longer takes me to the summary page.

As someone above suggested, I switched to another feed for the widget (Engadget) and that works.

Something odd happening here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones