news widget not working correctlySupport

Last Updated:

1. firestarter

firestarter Member This Topic's Starter

hi ive the news feed widget on my homescreen and it just shows the headlines til the other day i just had to press the headline i was interested in and it took me to another page showin headline and saying press for full story. if pressed took you to the bbc site onto that story. now if you press it just does nothing. it flashes green so it knows its been touched but doesnt do anything . ive not changed any settings or anything

Advertisement
  2. bochan

bochan New Member

Hello. I've got the same problem as you with me HTC Desire! I normally use the BBC news for the main widget, and it doesn't seem to open but if I change to SKY news as my main widget it works fine. It's annoying :(

3. philarmer

philarmer Well-Known Member

Its apparently a problem with the BBC after they updated something & there working on a fix.

4. morag

morag New Member

Does anyone know when this is going to be fixed - mine stopped working a couple of days ago. The annoying thing is that if I change from the large news widget to the smaller one it works ok but I don't like it as much. Cheers.

5. Anruari

Anruari Member

I'm on a HTC Desire HD.
    I have the News widget set up on one of my home screens.
    It worked fine for a week, then it simply stopped getting any updates. I've tried removing and putting back the widget, and removing the rss feeds and putting in new ones. nothing seems to work.
    It simply wont synchronise with any servers.
    If I use the News & Weather app that works, but not the News app.
    The app I'm having trouble with is the one provided by HTC. The android News and Weather works, but I don't like the widget as much.

6. spile

spile Well-Known Member

I have unloaded the news widget as it stopped getting updates.

7. Dandapani

Dandapani Well-Known Member

Mine failed today also. I was reading Gizmodo in the widget and a headline item would open to a summary page then I could click on Read Full Article, but suddenly it stopped working. I rebooted, I deleted the widget, I force stopped it, I cleared data and it no longer takes me to the summary page.

As someone above suggested, I switched to another feed for the widget (Engadget) and that works.

Something odd happening here.