Nexi wont Boot and Launcher glitchesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Rossforney

Rossforney Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 8, 2010
    I've noticed my Nexus acting a bit buggy since the 2.2.1 update. Lots of force closes with the launcher. (which is exactly why I shredded and burned my old MyTouch for)
    After FINALLY getting a THIRD 16 gig card, after the other two got "damaged" costing me so far 25-30 gigs of content, I loading it up with movies and songs for my vacation. I go to reboot and it keeps looping the boot animation but wont boot up.
    Getting really close to kissing Android good bye as I've had NOTHING but buggs and damaged SD cards and an overall terrible user experience for a year and a half with two phones. I know we're only really two years into development but how much longer do we have to wait for a finished product that I don't have to keep making excuses for?

More to the point WTF is going on with the boot loader on my phone and how do I fix it? Please help!

2. aquaitious

aquaitious Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Well that's a bit weird. Between all my friends and myself (~12 different android phones), I've never heard anyone complain about a SD card malfunction.

I'd try giving HTC a call and see what they see...especially if it's been two SD cards already.

As far as the speed and force closures are concerned, is your app memory full? What about the SD card? I've heard of people experiencing lag when either (or both) their SD card and app memory was full (or very close to.)

That could be affecting it.

Also, what home app are you using? I used LauncherPro a while back, gave me FC's, went back to the original, then that gave me FC's, I've gone back to LauncherPro for the past three months have yet to experience one FC with 2.2+.
  3. Teknologic

Teknologic Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    As far as 99% of the user's experiences go, Android (especially 2.2) is a finished product man. I rarely experience force closes, only K9-mail occasionally fc's when the background service is forced out of the RAM memory. As for the SD-cards, no clue of what could cause that, make sure you don't buy cheap chinese knock-off crap tho.

As for your boot loop.. I've never heard of an SD card causing a boot loop, it's also highly unlikely because the SD card should only get mounted AFTER the boot process.

But to fix this I'd recommend booting into recovery, clearing your caches (system I think and Dalvik) and then doing a factory reset, maybe even doing this twice just to be sure.
    Your caches could have been the problem in the first place, I know clearing my caches after the 2.2 update fixed some stability issues with my phone back then.

Good luck!