1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

next phone adviceGeneral

1. foe84

foe84 Well-Known Member

I know responses might be biased, but here goes anyway.

I have a droid incredible, but I'm due for an upgrade now. I'm in between the 4s/galaxy nexus/waiting for the next iphone. I own a macbook, ipod, but also kindle running android, so I'm in that in between line of android vs apple consumer.

My concern is the battery life and i dont know which to lean towards. From having my incredible, I had to get an extended battery bc I would get 5-6 hrs of battery life with moderate use, which made the phone look odd.

Is this iphone 4s battery able to last a day? Wait for next iphone and 4g connection? (though it seems its a battery drainer). The galaxy nexus also looks legit.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

I personally would just go into Verizon and play with all of them. I myself don't think anything Verizon has to offer right now is even worth upgrading to. But that is just my opinion. If you are concerned about battery life, why would you even consider a phone you can not replace or upgrade the battery such as the iPhone? I have had the Inc for 1.5 years now, have never received the low space error and my battery last me 2 days. It just depends on what you like and how you use it.
  3. Ginge

Ginge Well-Known Member

I'd say wait and see what new phones pop up over the coming months. Perhaps get a spare battery for the incredible to tide you over? Like you I'm also due for an upgrade, but after playing with both the Galaxy Nuxus and Rezound, I felt a bit underwhelmed and wouldn't waste a two year contract on either. Personally, I'll probably go for for the next iPhone (assuming it's a total redesign), but if a new Android model comes along and "wows" me in the next 4 months or so, I'd probably get that. So, if you can be patient, my personal opinion would be to wait... you'll likely regret upgrading now once new phones with better battery life start coming out.
  4. alancorp

alancorp Well-Known Member

If you want a phone now, get the Droid Razr Maxx. It should satisfy your battery needs. Or wait till spring to see what new phones might come out.
  5. j13smiley

j13smiley Well-Known Member

yep - razor maxx seems to be getting good reviews from inc users...
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

That is definitely where I'm leaning, my update is up in 2 weeks. Although I haven't ruled out either the Galaxy Nexus or the Rezound.
  7. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

If battery life is that much of an issue, I would stay away from the iPhone, from what I've seen. My buddy at work has one and he is charging it as much as I charge my Dinc. I'm personally waiting to see what the HTC Edge (or whatever name they choose) will look like as I'm not sold on two years with any of the current phones available.