• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nextbook 8 reboots to 'new startup' everytime

I got my mother a Nextbook 8 tabblet this past January.
Tablet has worked great until a few days ago. Everytime the tablet is booted up it start up with everything wiped from previous use. Like the start up wizard and all, I mean it acts like it's been taken right out of a new box each time I start it up. This is really annoying but what could be causing it? My mother says she hasn't done anything to it, eg: drop/spill liquid/etc.
If there is any more info you want, please ask, I have the exact specs right here in front of me also.
Thanks, Dougie:)

It's under warranty. It's defective. My standard advice - call them and have them issue you an RMA and return it for another one. (Or, if you bought it locally, bring it in and ask for a warranty exchange.)

That's what warranties are for - so you don't have to spend time fixing what's their responsibility to fix.
That's all good except it's past the Wal-Mart warrenty time.
But I will call Nextbook USA today and see what they have to say, after all I did purchase 4 of these and the other 3 have been a great Tablet for the money paid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones