Nextbook Next6 Error

Last Updated:

1. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

Hi,
    I got a next book next 6. It is not working from the day 1 when it is given to me by my friend. It is not opening menu and when I press Home or back i am getting an error.

The application open gesture lite has stopped unexpectedlyl. Please try again.

I tried power off and restarting. nothing works. Pelase help me in fixing the issue.

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Welcome to AF kishoremcp!
    I am sorry to hear of your issues but have you tried to factory reset?
    There may be a small port for something like a paperclip to insert to reset it:) (lower, right hand corner?)
  3. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

Yes. I tried it in my way. But no go. Can any one tell me how to do it agian. I mean the exact procedure.. Please don't think otherwise. I am completely new to android. Hope some one can help me in fixing the issue.
  4. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

Any help please
  5. Mikestony

So you have reset the device by way of the small hole in the device?
  6. Mikestony

Also moved your thread here:D
  7. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

What should I do now? I tried resetting using the small hole as you said but no go. What is the next step? Please help
  8. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

The below is the exact error
    The application open gesture lite has stopped unexpectedlyl. Please try again.
    (Processcom.hollowire.opengesturelite.mobile.android)

Hope now it is easy for you to help me in fixing the issue.
  9. Mikestony

10. kishoremcp

kishoremcp Member

Updating firmware will help or not? What if I try to root it and if you think that how do i do that. Please guide me. I cannot get it exchange because it is in India nowand my friend got it for me from USA. So, ......Please guide me.
  11. Mikestony

I would try to contact customer support from the link I posted.
    If you feel the need to root, I did find this if you want to persuse thru the thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1220296
    I am not familiar with your device, and I don't know if rooting will fix it:(
    However, I would strongly recommend contacting support first:)