• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NexTheme ESE81 R3 Release (4/21/10) - New Goodies!

any ideas?

Sorry, there is no nandroid for this release. I only put out an update.zip. I thought you were refering to the nandroid of my NexTheme 0.9.

I think what you did was unzip my update.zip. That won't work if you try to restore with nandroid.

I suggest just using the update.zip method, but being sure to do a factory reset, and if you can adb, also make sure you:

adb shell
format SYSTEM:

Upvote 0
any ideas?

Ok, download the update.zip file. Go into astro file manager and rename it to update.zip , move it to the root of ur sd card, then power off, hold x and power back on into recovery. If u are using spr recovery, scroll down to allow update.zip, and then install update.zip. And that should about cover it.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Ran into the Maps FC issues today, as I was trying to theme the new update that was pushed out today. I'm kind of in a hurry right now, so for now, if you want the newest Maps, or have issues with FC's from directions/navigation, I've updated the OP:

BUGS
-If you're getting a FC in Maps while getting directions or trying to navigate, this is the fix:

Code:
su
mountsys
rm /system/app/Maps.apk
rm /data/app/com.google.android.apps.maps.apk
reboot

*Ignore any errors about if one of the above .apk does not exist.

After the reboot, go to Settings, Applications, find com.google.android.apps.maps.apk and 'uninstall'

Then, reinstall Maps from the Market. No more FC's.

Upvote 0
Anybody else having problems w/ Helix Launcher and this ROM? I'm getting several FC's a day, just randomly when opening up an app or going back to home from an app. Getting lots of home screen reloads also. Other than that, this ROM has been quite good. I've got lots of widgets running, and I run Executive Assistant widget on the main home screen, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Upvote 0
CAP201004010229.jpg

I'm running this ROM with absolutely no issues so far. My only question is what widget is that weather widget pictured above?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
ok so i lied when i said i give up lol i just unrooted my phone and re rooted. and loaded this ROM. seems to be working great. got my maps to work, astro wouldnt let me delete anything but i ran thru the steps and it seemed to work. now for the questions....

1. how do you guys see what temp ur running at?
2. when i try to use some of the live wallpapers i get FC. they were working before i did the su, switchlwp. any way to "undo" that?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to change icons... I want to change to the stock marketplace icon?

Use Metamorph (it's available in the market), and download the .zip for the stock market I posted in the first post.

Put that zip into the folder 'androidthemes' on your sdcard. Then metamorph should see it and it will change the icon for you.

On another note, I may be releasing a slightly updated version of this ROM soon. I'm going to remove Maps and Facebook from the /system/ partition, since updates to those apps will give people some issues.

I'm also hoping to include some other goodies ;)

Upvote 0
Alright, the new version is up. The important differences are as follows:

-Maps is no longer included. Get it from the market. This should eliminate all FC issues.

-I'm using P3Droid's kernel by default now. It allows for Wired tethering, as well as wireless. It defaults to 600MHz, so no boot loop issues, but goes up to 1GHz. More of his kernels can be found in the OP.

-I've included a skinned HTC_IME keyboard by default. You can enable it by long pressing any text entry field and 'select input', then 'touch input'. IMO, it looks really nice. Credits will be posted in the OP for the creator.

-I yanked the black Mms.apk from Cyanogenmod. It's the default program with a dark background, as well as custom notifications, etc. Eliminates the need for Handcent for me, at least (no pop-up though, if you need that).

I think that's it...

*Screenshots have been updated for the new keyboard and mms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones