• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NexThemed Senseless ROM

bp328i

Android Enthusiast
Mar 28, 2010
Florida
Hello all,

New to rooting the Eris but not rooting. I have a rooted Moto Droid and my wife just let me root her Eris. I used Senselss and it's a great ROM. I'm running NexTheme on my Droid and my wife asked me if I could make her's look the same :cool: so I went to work.

I used Senseless as the base and went from there. It's a frankenstein because I used the Senseless base and loaded NexThemed Droid apps. I wish it was as easy as it sounds. Took 3 nights of trying different combos to get it all working, but it works...even MMS (with Handcent, inbound and outbound). Wifi is also go to go...

I take no credit for this ROM. I just used what I liked from other's ROM. All the credit for Senseless goes to Framework43.

This is a nandroid backup but the download is a zip file, you need to extract it then place the whole Nex-Senseless folder in you nandroid folder and restore after doing a wipe first.

Nex-Senseless.rar

Please make a nandroid before using.

Setting:
In Spare Parts
Change Window and Transition Animations to Fast
Launcher in memory

The home screen shot below is with LauncherPro (free in market)

Anyone who try's it, let me me know what you think

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 110
  • App Drawer1.jpg
    App Drawer1.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 76
  • App Drawer2.jpg
    App Drawer2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Setting Menu.jpg
    Setting Menu.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 105
Just curious? Where is the actual theme? I dont see anything different from senseless. ?

I'm not trying to be a troll, i'm really just curious. It looks... the same?

No problem, look at Senseless. The Phone icon, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Contacts, Amazon, and the keyboard. The dialer in call now has the options on screen with out pressing menu. The gmail notification looks just like the icon red and white not just black and white. The Setting menu is now in color not just black and white like Senesles.

Guess I should have put it's half half themed. Just thought I would list it for those who thought Senseless was a little plain.

Upvote 0
No problem, look at Senseless. The Phone icon, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Contacts, Amazon, and the keyboard. The dialer in call now has the options on screen with out pressing menu. The gmail notification looks just like the icon red and white not just black and white. The Setting menu is now in color not just black and white like Senesles.

Guess I should have put it's half half themed. Just thought I would list it for those who thought Senseless was a little plain.

Ohhh!! Ok. Thanks for clearing that up ;) Nice work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones