Nexus 1 Car Home works on D2!!

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sweet
    Took me about an hour to get it to work right, but with these instructions it should work great.

[​IMG]

Here is the Car Home file via my dropbox account:
    N1 Car Home

- Install like a normal .apk
    - It WON'T show up as a normal app
    - Go into Root Explorer and change the normal car home (system - apps) to CarHome.apk.bak
    - Create a custom shortcut on any screen and choose "activities"
    - The new Car Home should be there (the icon has the google "g" in the center where the stock car home doesn't)
    - DONE

I couldn't get it to launch automatically like the normal car home - so I have Settings Profile and I set it to launch in the car dock through this app.

When in the Car Home - IN the physical car dock and you EXIT, the soft home key on the D2 will not launch it like stock. Once you EXIT Car Home while in the physical dock, an icon in the status bar that says it's disabled. Just pull down the shade and click.

ENJOY!!

PS - It's sweet! You have pages to work with and can move icons between the Car Home pages. Also you can put whatever apps in the fields you want. I like it much better than the stock one, even though it doesn't have any "blurred" functions like clicking maps and having a ton of options available.

Advertisement
  2. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

So you can't tap on the map and have it navigate to that point?

3. inssane

I can't try it right now but typically you can click on the point and navigate right away.

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

FYI: Custom Car Home in the market does all this and will install w/out issue/extra steps...

5. inssane

Yes, but last time I tried it, and it was buggy for me. Aside from the nasty icon pixelation.
    I know it's petty but I love the clean glass look adn the options to change colors.