Nexus 1 Problem with dual stick gaming

1. diablodestroye

diablodestroye New Member

Hi all,

This thread is with regards to the problem we know about nexus 1 that is the touchscreen misregistering.

I would like to ask whether this issue affects the dual stick games like gun bros and the like where u have to put two fingers on the bottom half of the screen but the nexus 1 screen seems to like to snap to a parallel horizontal like in stead of keeping it slanted.

Is there any fix available or possibly codable? Its sad that the nexus 1 can actually employ the track ball as the 2nd stick but many game developers do not customise it in this way.

I was tinking that it could be possible to use two opposing corners i.e the top left and bottom right, and code some program that allows us to press on the top left but the input to the system would be read as on the bottom left. Not sure if this works or is clear... any other ideas or issues?

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

The N1 definitely struggles if the joysticks are on the same level, this is due to the digitizer and doesn't have a fix. Having one joystick lower and the other upper should work. I tried playing the soccor game from GameSoft and it was tought because the controls wouldn't register.
  3. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

there's nothing wrong with games that have 2 sticks at the same level ,what matters is the game !
    i played nova2 on an iphone4 and had the same issues as the dungeon hunter has on my N1 the problem is with the games ,i also played games that run smooth with no problem ...like nova1
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is. The Clearpad 2000 wont be able to handle it and you get the axis flipping problem.
  5. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Easy demo of the problem - try playing "Slice It" (free from the market)