• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 10 browser compatability.

rattyjunk

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I'm loving my Nexus 10, the only issue is that I recently purchased Kaspersky Tablet security and apparently the web protection component is only compatible with the android browser, not chrome or firefox. Where if it's possible can I get the generic android browser. I did a search on the play site, but got loads of results and wasn't sure which one to choose.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Welcome to the forums rattyjunk. :ciao:

I'm confused, I thought they were all android browsers. :thinking:

Have you tried Dolphin or Boat Browser?

They are a Android but seems anti virus doesn't work on chrome and Firefox.

Stock browser should still be in the tablet as default though. Some tablets have the own version of default browser, HTC, ASUS, etc... Shouldn't be a problem with nexus tablet though.

Unless browser is too new and anti virus just isn't caught up yet??

Truthfully I think anti virus is a waste, but that is only my opinion

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0
Thank you for the welcome Atmazzz!!! I also thought that all the browsers were android browsers but I guess they are slightly different.

* NightAngle79
The web protection that I refer to apparently blocks phishing sites etc so I would like it to work. I'd be inclinded to agree with you on the anti virus debate. I think if you are only installing apps from google play, I'm sure they are all virus/spyware free, having been checked by google.

I'll give dolphin and boat browser a go, and see if they work. Below is what I copy and pasted from the Kaspersky site...

Web Protection scans websites before they open and blocks malicious and phishing websites. The Web Protection component checks websites based on data from Kaspersky Security Network

The Web Protection component scans websites only in the Android web browser. All other browsers are not supported.

I think the last paragraph about all other browsers are not supported, is in my opinion pretty poor for a paid app, and before I paid for it, I saw no mention of the fact that certain features only ran on one particular browser.

Upvote 0
with sand boxing and the like there is no need for a virus detector. It is true though a trojan and or malicious/phishing web sites can still be of issue. Most malicious attacks should be prevented by linux and Android s they are pretty secure. So long as you avoid side loading apps the stores are pretty much virus free, assuming a damaging one can be made. IMHO it is best to avoid phishing by diligence rather than feeling secure in a database catching the attempts..................

Upvote 0
Chrome browser is the default browser in the Nexus 10 (or should I say Android 4.2). If you need the default browser try one of the aosp Roms out there and they should have it. I use aosp+ and it is pretty fast.

As a side note. Best smoothest browser on the Nexus 10 is Ocean Browser. Quickest and smoothest I've found so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones