Nexus 10 coming soonGeneral

1. siggy1964

siggy1964 Well-Known Member

So, I got tired of taking Infinity's back to Best Buy so this time when the guy said do you want a refund or exchange (with the emphasis on refund) I took the money and ran :). I was torn between the Nexus 10 and Samsung Note 10.1. What determined my eventual decision was the resolution on the Nexus, posts I read on here, as well as it already having JB installed. Consumer Reports also recommends the Nexus. I do wish it had a micro sd slot but I can live without it (maybe they'll be smart enough to come out with a keyboard dock that has one). I ordered a 32GB from Amazon with the Poetic KeyBook removable bluetooth keyboard case. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the future but for now, does anyone have this particular keyboard/case? What are your recomendations for keyboards?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ekim Gram

Ekim Gram Well-Known Member

Congrats on the decision! I've had my Nexus 10 for about 3 weeks now and I love it.

IIRC there's a workaround to add external memory, I think it's on one of the tips & tricks lists stickied above. I also have the Poetic KeyBook and it's alright. The leather strap they include to keep it closed required too much "exactness" to fit so I just threw some Velcro on it. Also, when the keyboard isn't attached it becomes a little flimsy. That's what you get at a price that cheap, though, but in all honesty it's not horrible.

The keyboard that comes with it is fine if you don't have wrist problems, it's a little smaller than a typical keyboard but again, it works well for what it is and the portability is impressive.
    kristalsoldier and siggy1964 like this.
  3. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem deciding between the Note 10.1 and the Nex10….so I bought both. I got the Note 10.1 in October and the Nex10 at launch. They are both amazing tablets and I use them both for different tasks. The Note 10.1 is for professional/school use like taking notes, remoting into my work computer, etc…. The Nex10 is my play tablet used for games, internet, reading, hacking…. If I could take the screen and processor out of the Nex10 and put it in the Note 10.1, it would truly be my ideal tablet.
  4. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

5. Caveman419

And I am fighting the urge to buy a Nexus 7 :D
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hold on to your money. I've seen rumors of a Nexus 10 with a quad core. :smokingsomb: It might be in the Autumn though.
  7. Caveman419

That would be the smart thing to do but I likes me toys!!
  8. kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier Well-Known Member

I'd rather Google completed the circle for the N10 by designing high quality accessories and related kit to showcase exactly how slick the Nexus line up can be instead of going for the quad core option. Alternatively, if the refresh brings a highly enhanced battery capability, that would be good too.
  9. Caveman419

10. siggy1964

So far so good. I'm really enjoying my experience so far. I wish the on screen keyboard had the numbers over the letters like the infinity did but that's not that big a deal. I have no lag like the infinity did :). I think Google is headed in the right direction but nowhere near where they could be.
  11. clo821

clo821 Well-Known Member

I believe there's a way of changing the layout to have the numbers on top of the keyboard. I'll see if I find it.
    siggy1964 likes this.
  12. Chrizzl3

Chrizzl3 Well-Known Member

You can do that. I found it in an article. it takes a few steps. thats how mines laid out. its perfect.
  13. siggy1964

I tried but couldn't get it to work. Maybe I need a you tube video lol.
  14. siggy1964

This bluetooth keyboard aint half bad. If it had a touchpad mouse would be just what i need ;)
  15. siggy1964

I got my new Nexus from Walmart today and followed the instructions for the new keyboard layout. Awesome. It works great. Thanks again.