Nexus 10 Pre-sale now live on Staples.comGeneral

1. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I just ordered a 32GB. Expected delivery is 12/14 - 12/27. Hopefully its closer to the earlier date!

Update 11/19: I looked at my order status today and it said "cancelled." I called Staples and was told that since this was a pre-sale that all orders will be taken and placed in that status but once they get the devices a new order will be created and they will be filled based on when the order was placed. So its a first-come, first-serve situation.

Advertisement
    :
    Caveman419, rawness, chiph411 and 2 others like this.
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Caveman419 and Droid_Junky like this.
  3. Droid_Junky

Meant to add the link but I'm not an expert on Tapatalk. Thanks.

Also it was free shipping!
  4. techrider62

techrider62 Well-Known Member

I'l wait for google.
  5. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

That's great news! Hopefully means more will adopt it and developers will work on it more.
  6. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Why? What's the advantage to ordering a tablet from Google?
  7. techrider62

I'm not going to put credit hold on my cc for a month.
  8. rawness

Oh, OK. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some advantage to ordering directly from Google that I couldn't see.
  9. techrider62

By the time they fill their pre-orders Google will have them back in stock.But i could be wrong.
  10. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

I just want to walk in and buy it at a store....may have to wait until mid December it looks like :/ perhaps staples will have them in stock at the store right after they fulfill the pre orders....I hope so!
  11. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

Not many advantages of buying from Google Play.
    The way i see it..................return policy. What happens when you buy it from Google Play and decide it is not for you?
    Buying it from Staples or Walmart can be a plus with this scenario.

For instance...............i bought the Nexus 7 from Walmart. After about a week, i decided i just did not like it (for a variety of reasons). I took it back to Walmart and got a full refund, no questions asked.

Can you easily do this if purchased at Google Play?

Lenny
  12. Droid_Junky

If I could find it in stores now I would just cancel the one from Staple's but I'm done going out of my way to find one. Google has already ruined the fun of getting it early. At least for me anyways.

My wife is currently working for a marketing company that sales the Chrome book at Best Buy's. Here again it is Google and Samsung. They are lucky if they receive 5 Chrome books to sale in stores every two weeks. This is 5 for two employees to sale in 14 days. She says that she could easily sale 5 in a day if they had them readily available. So I have very little faith they they could keep up with Nexus 10 demands with only six weeks till Christmas.
  13. techrider62

I'm all for walking into Walmart or staples to buy just not pre-sales that take a month or more to ship.
  14. rawness

Exactly how I feel, but I don't want them to sell out of this batch by mid December and I'm still left waiting.

Ease of returns is exactly why I want to buy from a store.
  15. Droid_Junky

Has anyone else done the Staples option? If so can you check your order status?

I checked the status yesterday and it was changed to "cancelled." Called customer service and was told this is common for pre-sale items. Basically when they get the devices everyone that pre-ordered will be contacted to determine if it is still wanted and a new order will be placed. Kind of bummed because I thought I was done dealing with it.
  16. OR Droid

OR Droid Member

If your order has been "cancelled" check your statement. There are some funny work arounds to make revenue and you end up paying interest and they get out of the problems of losing their "vendor and market services" in regards to processing CC/Debit card payments even though they do not ship the item for weeks/months.
  17. Droid_Junky

I officially cancelled the order the day the Play Store had more 32GB versions in stock. Got it today and it's great!
  18. techrider62

I just got mine unboxed and setup
  19. atg284

atg284 Well-Known Member

Me too!! Love it already! Definitely glad I chose this tablet :D
  20. rawness

So my order arrived today.

I had a 15hr flight the week after Thanksgiving and I wanted a tablet to play with in the air, and since my Nexus 10 wouldn't arrive in time, I decided to give the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 a whirl (with every intention on returning it). This is my first tablet, and I really only want it for watching movies, streaming, and light browsing. But then, I came to really like the Galaxy. Its only 16 GB, but with the microsd slot, I'll have plenty of space for numerous movies.

My Nexus came, and I figured I'd try it before returning it. For my purposes, the OS is only marginally better than my Galaxy (on ICS) and I think I was kidding myself with regards to being able to live without expandable memory. The final deciding straw was that within 15 minutes of me playing with the Nexus 10 (after installing two system updates), it crashed and forced restarted... this has yet to happen with my Galaxy.

The Galaxy is $200 cheaper, and while it may not be the best thing out in Android tablet world, it meets my low level needs just fine.

Goodbye Nexus 10...
  21. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Glad you have one you like. Have fun! :)
    rawness likes this.