1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT V1.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE

1. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

NEXUS 10 TOOLKIT V1.0.0 at XDA

Advertisement
    :
    in2uition, chiph411, BobF and 2 others like this.
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Added to ATR Guide. :)
    Atma likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'm going to be adding some things as they come in also. Still waiting on WugFresh's toolkit and a hundred roms. :D
  4. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Awesome! I'll add them to the ATR Guide. :)
  5. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

Atma likes this.
  6. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

This toolkit worked perfectly! No issue on my end. Took less than 10 minutes.
  7. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

I looked at the toolkit and under the rooting section there are several options..how do you know which option to choose as if I remember right, there were not so many choices when I did my Nexus 7?
  8. chiph411

Good question. I too have an interest in which option may be best.

Chip
  9. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the rooting section inside the toolkit or the root section in this forum? If you meant the toolkit there are multiple steps that have to be performed in order. I personally ran all of the following...
    step 1 - which installs the proper drivers
    step 3 - unlocks the bootloader (will wipe your SD!)
    step 4 - root the device and installs the SuperSU app
    step 6 - flash recovery. I prefer the TWRP option.
    step 7 - install busybox. (really don't know much about this but its on all my rooted devices.)

Take the time to read all of the instructions before selecting each option and it should go smoothly!! Save all your SD card stuff beforehand if you have anything you want to keep.

After performing all of those steps I immediately booted into TWRP and made a backup of my stock rooted ROM.

---------

The one thing I didn't understand about the toolkit was option 2 - "backup and restore your device" because at step 2 the device is not yet rooted.
    chiph411 likes this.
  10. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

I use his tool kits for both my SIII and Nexus 7. He is an amazing developer indeed!
  11. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

I just used the toolkit. Once I figured out the root option I wanted to do, it took no time at all! And it didnt even wipe my device.

Did those of you who used this kit to root end up doing a factory reset anyway? Or have you not had any of the usual post-root problems?
  12. chiph411

What a great toolkit. Finally took the plunge and unlocked, rooted and installed a custom recovery using the 1click option from the toolkit. Everything went smoothly and took 5-10minutes at most.
    Now I am a happy camper:D

Chip
  13. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Chip did you follow the steps as Droid Junkey stated above or did you do it another way?

Do you notice any performance increase after your rooting progress?
  14. chiph411

The steps I followed were:
    1. Install Drivers
    2. Step 8 (I believe) 1-click unlock, root, install recovery.
    3. Booted into recovery and backed up everything.

Easy as pie and no glitches,smooth running. Now I will probably try out the AOKP rom.

Chip