Nexus 2 is the motorola Shadow? (omg another post :O)

Last Updated:

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Froyo, Next Android OS and Nexus Two Rumors | Pinoytutorial Techtorial

I just happened to see this and I have my doubts. At first, it seemed plausible until i looked at the specs and i don't see anything like that happening, at least out of Motorola, and to be as thin and sleek as it looks. Call me a downer but I betcha HTC had a problem cramming all that technology into the N1. I deem the Shadow (n2?) a fail at this point and let me tell you why (though i'd love to see it happen :D)

1. 8 megapixel camera? Naaaa no way that'd ever happen
    2. A screen that huge is bound to need the phone itself to be larger in order to support that plus everything else needed in it.
    3. whats with the wrist strap? How old are we really?
    4. Batterly life on the n1 is less than satisfactory. how on earth would something like that run on a bettery such as that?

Just some thoughts. Though I'd love to see a phone such as that, I believe it will not be as awesome as it looks, due to compensation (keyboard looks flat like the droid too, wtf >.>)

What are you all thinking?

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

Dislike...N1 is waaay better looking

3. mudrock1000

That was my original thought as well. Kinda sickly looking imo.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

kinda fugly

5. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Why do you say an 8mp camera would never happen? Have you not seen the Motorola Motoroi yet?

6. mudrock1000

I guess it is plausible now that you think about it. But keep in mind it's For Korea, and is being ported to America, and over there, technology is fast. Most foreign phones can be better then the ones in america But i suppose it's possible.

7. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

why is there an article saying the nexus 2 is the motorola shadow. if it is a shadow then it is not a nexus 2. cant be both. my phone is a nexus one from google/htc. and is is called a nexus one. if it were called magic, or trout then it would be called magic, or trout.

just because some phone has android 2.1 does not make it a nexus 2. in this case this phone is a motorola shadow.

when google comes out with a phone called a nexus 2 then say there is a nexus 2.

8. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

Looks more like the Droid2 than an N2, IMHO.

9. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member

looks terrible...

10. androidtx

androidtx Well-Known Member

Based on the UMTS bands alone, I say it is a bogus photoshop and bogus specs.

11. selenewiths

selenewiths Member

Funny, because some people tend to disagree and they keep dreaming of N1, having a real-keyboard... Maybe, that's why the moto-shadow a.k.a Nexus 2 concept phone is buying some crowd..

wheuu

12. markouk

markouk Well-Known Member

Why is this being regurgitated again? It looks shit, it's not the N2 and instead of making another thread, try the search function and you'll find others have posted on this speculation. Bloody waste of time.

13. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Agree +1

14. selenewiths

selenewiths Member

I tend to agree with that one, Seeing droid releaseing bunch of 'keyboard-droid phones' to china, S.K, and other parts of asia. I believe, they kind of saturated the people already with that kind of design.

If they want something that is called a 'game-changer' a total haul should be needed.. not like this one.

15. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

This isn't necessarily true. It's not uncommon for a phone when leaked to have a code name or pre-release name. It happens in software all the time. Windows XP was called Whistler before it's release, and vista was Longhorn.

Also, the manufacturer can give the hardware one name, while the distributor can give it another. Take for example the HTC dream and HTC magic. These were released in the US as the TMobile G1 and TMobile MyTouch 3G.

16. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I've seen these pictures before, but not in relation to Nexus 2. Moto seem to have a lot of hardware keyboard phones out/coming out - it's hard to keep up.

If this is real I actually think it look quite nice - certainly a nicer overall finish than the Droid.

I won't be swapping my N1 any time soon though.

17. mudrock1000

It's google. Anything can happen ;)

18. afine1

afine1 Well-Known Member

read the article, and watch the video... google had nothing to do with the writing of this article. and in the video the guy says the picture is a "FAN MADE RENDER". DID NO ONE CATCH THIS?

19. acjei

acjei Well-Known Member

lmfaooo that sh!t is hideous

20. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

I think it looks amazing! It looks "important"!

I think i even spy a spot of carbon fibre on the left side..

21. selenewiths

selenewiths Member

-1 .. Creating something in illustrator.. never look good like that.. lol

22. surge21

surge21 New Member

http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/39650-nexus-2-motorola-shadow-omg-another-post-o.html

Maybe it's a rendering and maybe not. If you're telling me I could have a bad ass 4.3" display AND hdmi out (the motoroi and a few others they've released already have hdmi) with a full keyboard so I can run emulators, I'd say sign me up. And I don't think it's ugly, I happen to like the droid and this is a slightly bigger version that's upgraded with a nicer camera and gsm (milestone isn't available with a carrier subsidized here). Holla.

23. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

not really, our phone was called the Passion before it was called the Nexus.

24. mudrock1000

Well of course google didn't right the article silly. And i didnt catch that. But alot of websites have caught onto this look, so maybe it isn't who knows ;)

25. selenewiths

selenewiths Member

Its because Goog chooses HTC as their partner in developing the N1 phone... although, rumor has it and its now getting clear that, moto will partner with goog also to produce their own phone as well?

If this is correct then the rumor of the shadow being the N2, might not be that too far fetched at all. Engadget