• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4.0.2 bug? Bluetooth...

radzer0

Nov 7, 2010
I've noticed many times my truck won't connect Bluetooth on its own. Even if I manually tell it to connect if will just hang on "connecting" but if i cycle Bluetooth on the phone it connects instantly without telling the radio anything. Anybody else notice this?

I don't know, seems to me like some car stereos are just really unreliable. My previous one used to connect sometimes and then disconnect when I would answer calls leaving them in limbo. My wife's minivan is really hit or miss, especially if BT on the phone isn't enabled when the vehicle is first started up. I thought it was my old Droid, but its hit or miss with my GN too.

Upvote 0
Hmm, it makes me wonder what different methods radio manufacturers use for Bluetooth headset functionality. Like on my aftermarket Kenwood unit, it downloads my phonebook to the car every time it turns on (which is normal, I'm assuming it doesn't store them permanently or checks for changes), and then the headset functionality works perfectly after that. I had zero problems with both my Eris and the Nexus (at least in the short time I've had it). I thought it would be a pretty simple and standardized thing to implement but maybe not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones