General Nexus 4 bad experience so far

1. MarmiteX1

MarmiteX1 Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I recieved my Nexus 4 today. It is a really good phone however my experience so far with the phone is poor due to the fact that phone keeps rebooting randomly :confused:

I haven't even had the chance to install any of my fave apps such as Twitter etc.

I switched off mobile data, cleared recent apps and it still happens.

I looked at the Troubleshooting section and performed a factory reset and the same issue happens. I was in the middle of sending a sms to my friend and it rebooted :mad:

I contacted the support team at Google and they said they will sending a replacement out.

I read that it could be due to hardware issue or software issue. My arguement is that if it was a software issue it would be happening to everyone but that is not the case as I discovered.

Has anyone else had the same issue as me? Will Google actually send out a replacement?

Advertisement
  2. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

they wouldnt say that and then not follow through.

any i haven't read anything about any reboot issues. hold tight its an awesome phone :)

hope your replacement arrives speedily
  3. trvlrschick

trvlrschick Member

Haven't heard anything about that, mine's been pretty solid. You probably just got a bad phone, happens every once in a while. At least they're sending a replacement!
  4. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

They are going to put a hold on your bank account and send another one, when you get the new one send the old one back. When they confirm it's their fault they will remove the hold from your bank account.

At least that's how it works in the states...
  5. ritchea

ritchea Well-Known Member

Known issue, but, as usual, doesn't seem to affect huge numbers. Check here also.

Sorry about your problem. Google does replace defective phones with new ones--sometimes even more than once.
  6. MarmiteX1

Thanks for the sharing the info people, much appreciated.

I got an email confirming i placed a replacement order etc. I also got instructions on how to send the defective device back once i recieve my replacement device.

Now the issue i have is intermittent. It rebooted twice this morning with 5 mins. All i did is used my pattern unlock to unlock the phone to get to the home screen.

Once i did, i pressed the app draw icon to access my apps. It didnt respond and the phone rebooted. This happend twice.:(

I left my phone alone for 2 hours now and at the moment it seems fine but i don't know how long it will last.

I wonder how google will test to replicate this issue?
  7. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Was the phone on 4.2 when you got it or 4.2.1? If its still on 4.2 update and see if you still have the issue.
  8. MarmiteX1

It was on 4.2. The phone rebooted but then i thought was one off thing so i ignored it. I then updated the phone to 4.2.1 and then the issue started to occur even more.

I performed a factory reset but it doesnt revert the phone back to 4.2. Its still on the current(4.2.1) update.
  9. MarmiteX1

Just to give you all an update, I received my replacement yesterday and been playing with it since. They also sent me some packaging to send the defective device back.

I'm impressed with the device! :) It's functioning very well. I have uptime of around 15 hours since I switched it on.

I also ordered a tpu case and its very good in terms it's got a good fit and grip when holding it.