• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 bad experience so far

MarmiteX1

Dec 27, 2010
Hi there,

I recieved my Nexus 4 today. It is a really good phone however my experience so far with the phone is poor due to the fact that phone keeps rebooting randomly :thinking:

I haven't even had the chance to install any of my fave apps such as Twitter etc.

I switched off mobile data, cleared recent apps and it still happens.

I looked at the Troubleshooting section and performed a factory reset and the same issue happens. I was in the middle of sending a sms to my friend and it rebooted :mad:

I contacted the support team at Google and they said they will sending a replacement out.

I read that it could be due to hardware issue or software issue. My arguement is that if it was a software issue it would be happening to everyone but that is not the case as I discovered.

Has anyone else had the same issue as me? Will Google actually send out a replacement?

Thanks for the sharing the info people, much appreciated.

I got an email confirming i placed a replacement order etc. I also got instructions on how to send the defective device back once i recieve my replacement device.

Now the issue i have is intermittent. It rebooted twice this morning with 5 mins. All i did is used my pattern unlock to unlock the phone to get to the home screen.

Once i did, i pressed the app draw icon to access my apps. It didnt respond and the phone rebooted. This happend twice.:(

I left my phone alone for 2 hours now and at the moment it seems fine but i don't know how long it will last.

I wonder how google will test to replicate this issue?

Upvote 0
It was on 4.2. The phone rebooted but then i thought was one off thing so i ignored it. I then updated the phone to 4.2.1 and then the issue started to occur even more.

I performed a factory reset but it doesnt revert the phone back to 4.2. Its still on the current(4.2.1) update.

Upvote 0
Just to give you all an update, I received my replacement yesterday and been playing with it since. They also sent me some packaging to send the defective device back.

I'm impressed with the device! :) It's functioning very well. I have uptime of around 15 hours since I switched it on.

I also ordered a tpu case and its very good in terms it's got a good fit and grip when holding it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones