Nexus 4 battery life not an issueGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-06-27 20:51:55
  1. brounmoney

brounmoney Well-Known Member

So all I seem to hear was about how bad the battery life was on the nexus 4. Now I know 4.2.2 did make the battery life better, but after having the nexus 4 for a little over a week. I can say I don't find it to be a big issue. Not once have I run out of battery. I consider myself a medium to heavy user and I have about 15%-20% left when I go to bed.

In a normal day I send about 75-100 text, check my email, write on MacRumors and this forum using Tapa talk app ( I check it about 30 minutes or so if I am not busy), check gizmodo and Engadget about 10 times a day, and surf the web. I find the battery life not too bad.

Advertisement
    rafa024 likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I think the battery life is incredible tbh. I'm not a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination, but I could easily get over 2 days out of it (probably about 4 hours screen on time).

Mainly use it for tapatalk on this place and it functions as my MP3 player too. Even streaming via Deezer on 3G hardly dents the battery.
  3. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

I concur. I realize this phone doesn't have the best battery life of any phone on the market, but it's pretty damn good if you ask me. Certainly the best out of all the phones I've ever owned personally. I've never had to recharge during the day and I'm always on the web, in Google plus, twitter, streaming tons of music... I get about 4+ hours screen time on an average day on HSPA, 6+ if I'm on Wi-Fi all day.
  4. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

For my setup I find this to be great for battery. I've even got location services turned on and I easily get a days use from it
  5. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Ditto - it's great.
  6. wildmangk

wildmangk Active Member

Battery life is awesome. I get around 18 hours of usage and still have about 15% lerft at night. Im definitely a heavy user.
  7. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

And one that requires less sleep than me...

18 hours a day on the phone? Whew.
  8. ValY2J

ValY2J Active Member

Just got mine yesterday, charged it up to %95 before i was away from charger for the rest of the evening. I got 3 and a half hours of screen time with full brightness on %80 of the time. Lasted almost 9 hours before I finally plugged it in for the night at %7.. haha sorry if that's complicated
  9. brounmoney

brounmoney Well-Known Member

That is really good battery life. I just kept hearing people say how bad the battery life was. I have had every nexus phone except the nexus one and all of them seem about on par with one another. With the galaxy nexus and the nexus s you could add a bigger battery which was nice, but the stock batteries are all pretty close. I would compare the battery life on the nexus 4 to bing about the same as when I was using my iPhone 5.

It seems iOS user always want to say they have better battery life, but it seems to me they are about the same. I would even have my iPhone 5 die before I went to bed some times.
    rafa024 likes this.
  10. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

Some days my battery life is great, I can use apps, text, listen to music and it'll last me the whole day, but then there are other days when I'm hardly using it and the battery seems to drain, i'll assume thats just background data from apps like FB and twitter eating away and using up ma battery
  11. Que1999

Que1999 Member

The battery life on this phone since the most recent update is the best battery life of any phone I've ever had. Throw in a little juice defender, and it is astounding... :D
  12. rafa024

rafa024 New Member

I love my Nexus 4 , its software is the best for me! And also the hardware :D
    I dont mind about the battery ! I give a great usage and the phone last long !