• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 4 dialer is slow

Hello,

My nexus 4 dialer app has become extremely slow. When an incoming call comes in, the name against that number displays after like 5 seconds. When I go into phone book and search for people, the results show up in 10-15 seconds. All other operations in the dialer are very slow as well - clicking on history takes 15 seconds for the history to show up.

This started about 3 months ago. That time I had upgraded to the latest Android, as suggested by the phone software. I cannot be sure that the update caused the problem; it could be some hardware related issue as well.

The number of contacts is < 1000, so it is NOT as if I am running a huge contact list.

The software version on my phone is 4.4.4, build number KTU84P. I do not have many apps on the phone.

The total apps number less than 30; most are well known apps such as twitter, outlook etc.

Any pointers to what I might try? I have already tried factory reset two times.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones