Nexus 4 Factory ROM?

Last Updated:

1. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the factory ROM for the Nexus 4 on Android 4.2 or 4.2.1?

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Are you looking just for a ROM or to flash back to stock?
  3. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

Yes are you looking for a stock ROM to flash in the recovery or do you want to completely restore the factory image?
  4. strausd

Whichever one would be best in the case that I need to send my Nexus 4 back to Google for an RMA.
  5. Banished Angel

6. strausd

7. Banished Angel

8. strausd

Thanks for the info. I saw that ROM earlier while searching and read some of the comments. Apparently it actually isn't a complete stock ROM.

And the phone doesn't need to be 100% stock. Just needs a stock ROM, unrooted, and locked bootloader, correct?
  9. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

I was going to make another thread, but seeing as how we're talking about factory ROM, what's the deal with the factory ROM not being listed on googles site? I read about this a few weeks ago, but noticed yesterday its still MIA! It was incredibly difficult to find a working link.
  10. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Yes, a very curious thing that a search for "nexus 4" on yields nothing now, when it was there when I purchased an N4 at the original Nov. 13th offering.

Is mako200.tar.gz at all helpful to you, or anybody?

[edit] It's also curious that lists both the 4.2 and 4.2.1 as "deprecated". [/edit]
  11. kalaster

kalaster Well-Known Member

Correct me if wrong here, but that file seems to be a bit small for a factory ROM >.>
  12. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I just had a problem where some how the ROM zips I downloaded and my NANDroid back up were wiped from my device, I didn't notice this until after I wiped and had nothing to flash. I did have Nexus 4 Toolkit installed on my computer though.

I used option 9 to download, extract and flash the stock rom. It failed however. I found a working file here:

I downloaded that .tgz placed it in the correct folder for N4 Toolkit and it used it to flash me back to stock. Was quite a scary experience.

Link to Nexus 4 toolkit: