1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Nexus 4 - how to make your music into ringtone

1. prashady

prashady Member

Hey guys,

So I recently got the Nexus 4 and so far its great. I have one problem though. The stock music app is the Google Play Music app. I can't figure out how to make a song into my ringtone. I tried downloading the songs from the app to my phone (has no SD). I couldn't figure out where the music is saved.

Then I connected it to my phone and copied music from my comp to the phone. And then got it set as my ringtone. However, it shows up as "unknown ringtone" and everytime someone calls, it plays some stock random ringtone instead of my song.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off music from Google Music is saved in a weird Cache folder and usually cannot be used for ringtones anyhow, it sucks, but it is just how Google Music works.

If you are doing the computer transfer way i would suggest trying to use Ringtone Maker, it will edit any song you want for any amount of time you want at any part of the song, then automatically add it to the ringtone list, under "Song Name" Ringtone

Hope this helps :)
  3. selvan777

selvan777 New Member

I just converted a .wav file to an .ogg file, using VLC media player 2.0.5 on the PC. And, with the Nexus 4 plugged into the PC, I placed both into the Ringtones and Notifications folders and it works.
    SlimMillipede likes this.