Nexus 4 on T-mobile, anyone?

1. BCM

BCM Well-Known Member

There website is showing HSPA+ 21 today.
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Which website?
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

5. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

Also it seems it's $499, not $599 directly from TMo.:smokingsomb:
  6. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Yup. 8gb = $299 16gb = $349 and HSPA+ 42. I also was concerned when I saw +21 on the Google play store but also noticed they changed it to +42

Anyone in Las Vegas have HSPA+ 42 speed test screenshots?

Attached Files:

7. Risket

Risket Active Member

I'm planning on leaving Sprint, getting the Nexus 4 and getting this $30/month web special plan. My question is, once I get the SIM card activation kit and go online to activate it, is there a way to transfer my current phone number over? Or do I have to go in to a T-Mobile store or do anything else to keep my number? My wife and I are both going to be making this move and we need to keep our phone numbers.

I would also like to know how good reception is in Las Vegas. Specifically in Mountains Edge, if anyone knows. I don't know anyone who has T-Mobile to be able to ask them. We've had a few people with AT&T at our house and they had pretty much no reception. We have Sprint and we're constantly roaming. Luckily we don't have roaming charges.
  8. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Once you've activated, just call T-Mobile customer support and they will help you get your phone number transferred. I believe you have 30 days after activation to get your number transferred but, obviously, the quicker you get the number transferred the better.
  9. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Well-Known Member

Will the Nexus 4 use the regular or the micro sim card?
  10. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I read somewhere its a micro sim. I received my sim cutter a few days ago from Amazon.
    SuperDave70 likes this.
  11. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

That Nexus 4 looks very tempting and I'm already on the Tmo $30 ppd plan
  12. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

I've heard some people get as high as 22-25mb down, average of at least 12. Not sure way out in Mountain's Edge tho.
  13. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

The nexus 4 looks like a great phone, was thinking of getting the galaxy s3 on metro pcs until i seen u can get this phone cheaper on t-mobile and with similar service

how fast would u say the network speeds are compared to metro 4g?
  14. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

You likely will not be disappointed with T-Mobile's HSPA+ 4G speed - provided, of course, you have a good signal, same as with any provider. Could go as high as 15-20Mbps.
    supersalvo likes this.
  15. phatning

phatning Active Member

I'm on Sprint and plan on getting the Nexus 4 when it comes out. But, instead of porting my current number to a particular carrier, I will port it to Google Voice. This way I can easily change carrier if I don't like the service, coverage, speed, etc.
  16. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Risket likes this.
  17. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

My SIM card arrived..just got to cut it then here comes my whore(nexus 4):cool:
  18. aurora40

aurora40 Well-Known Member

19. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

20. aurora40

aurora40 Well-Known Member

21. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

I ordered the monthly 4g sim card kit when it was free..[​IMG]...

Edit:just ordered this[​IMG]
  22. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

So you spent $9.08 when you could've ordered microSIM activation kit last week for $0.99. ;)
    I'm just teasing.
  23. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

:thumbup::D:cool:
  24. doboy

doboy Well-Known Member

For anyone without a SIM cutter, you can try visiting your nearest TMo store and they may cut it for you. MicroSIM activation kit wasn't available last month when I needed it so I ended up purchasing "regular" activation kit and having it cut at the TMo store for free.