• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nexus 4 on t-mobile pay-as-you-go without data plan?

choovuck

Lurker
Nov 27, 2012
hello,

I'm a bit noobish, so sorry if the question is a bit lame. I'm considering getting nexus 4 directly from google. I'm currently on t-mobile pay-as-you-go (prepaid minutes). Will I be able to plug in my sim card from my old phone into the nexus 4? Will I be able to use it as a regular pay-as-you-go phone, without data plan, while being able to use wi-fi?

thanks in advance.

hello,

I'm a bit noobish, so sorry if the question is a bit lame. I'm considering getting nexus 4 directly from google. I'm currently on t-mobile pay-as-you-go (prepaid minutes). Will I be able to plug in my sim card from my old phone into the nexus 4? Will I be able to use it as a regular pay-as-you-go phone, without data plan, while being able to use wi-fi?

thanks in advance.

I'm considering the Nexus 4 also and just learned today it uses a smaller SIM card (nano SIM) so you might need to resize the SIM to make it work with the Nexus 4. I'm not even sure yet how to resize it, but I guess it's possible. Or you'd have to get a new nano SIM from Tmo and activate it.

Upvote 0
No it just doesn't use LTE. You can still use the 4G HSPA service offered by both AT&T and T-Mobile which quite honestly is plenty fast enough, especially with T-Mobile's HSPA+ 42.

Yes, after reading all the comment, everybody said this author should be fired. It was totally skew most said.

Now if I have a T-mobile phone, I cant use the fast speed oversea right bc it does not have 1700 mhz?

SO its better to get the Nexus right?

Upvote 0
Yes, after reading all the comment, everybody said this author should be fired. It was totally skew most said.

Now if I have a T-mobile phone, I cant use the fast speed oversea right bc it does not have 1700 mhz?

SO its better to get the Nexus right?

correct tmo also uses 1700mhz so a tmo phone will stink data wisr trying overseas if you like yes keep in mind there are other pentaband phones out there as well they may not be as popular or supported as much by devs but they do exist and ar ok i guess as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones