• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 4 Only starts up for 20 seconds

Hello,

My phone only starts up for 20 seconds. I hear a clicking sound and it reboots. In the 20 sec i can sometimes set USB debugging in enable but when it restart it is off again. I am still running KitKat. Phone is never rooted.

I can get in te bootloader, unlock it but when i restart it is locked again, i can get in the recovery mode and start factory restart but no result, phone is the same when it restarts.

I tried: asb sideloader, odin, fastboot, cf auto root, and much more, but no result.

I spent hours on google and can not find any way to reboot the phone whitout usb debugging. I do not care that i loose all the data.

Greetz Danny

After you install Wugs & enter your Nexus modal & Android version you have installed now, install all the drivers.
Use the Back To Stock/Soft-bricked Bootloop, than click the Flash Stock + Unroot button.
Just follow the screen directions from there.
After your phone boots up normally, you can choose to go back into Wugs & Unlock or Root or leave it as is.

Myself, I got into a bootloop trying to update to Lollipop from the OTA, Since I was going to wipe & flash the factory image anyway I set Wugs to 5.0 Lollipop instead of 4.4.4 KitKat. I haven't had any problems.

Upvote 0
After you install Wugs & enter your Nexus modal & Android version you have installed now, install all the drivers.
Use the Back To Stock/Soft-bricked Bootloop, than click the Flash Stock + Unroot button.
Just follow the screen directions from there.
After your phone boots up normally, you can choose to go back into Wugs & Unlock or Root or leave it as is.

Myself, I got into a bootloop trying to update to Lollipop from the OTA, Since I was going to wipe & flash the factory image anyway I set Wugs to 5.0 Lollipop instead of 4.4.4 KitKat. I haven't had any problems.

This is not working, the phone is unlocked once it reboots it is locked again, the nexus toolkit keeps saying phone is locked use fastboot oem unlock, but i just did unlocked it. I even tried tot unlocked verry fast every time the toolkit give the erro phone locked and it flashed the system, the recovery etc, but once the phone starts again it is in the shape as it was before, and only boots for 20 sec or less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones