Nexus 4 Payment RefundedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I purchased a Nexus 4 on the 4th of December.
    I received a shipping confirmation and a tracking number on the 7th.
    The tracking number says that it was last scanned at depot and is on the vehicle.
    Does anyone know if they deliver on Saturdays because nobody was at home to collect it and it doesn't mention anything about an attempted delivery.
    The payment of

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I'd contact Google as soon as possible. It doesn't make sense that they'd refund your money if the phone was actually shipped. The only reasons I could think it would is if the tracking number was given to you in error or the box was damaged enough to not deliver and they returned it to the depot. I don't know the protocols over there so it's best to contact the shipper (as in Google, not the freight company).
  3. Liamo_210

Im going to wait to check if its delivered on monday and if not i will call.
    If i now have to wait for the phone to come back in stock and order again i will not be happy.

The thing i dont understand is you think they would contact me or something.
  4. lunatic59

You would think that, but given their history with customer communication, I wouldn't be surprised if they told you something was up three days after you already found out by other means.
  5. Liamo_210

This is really unacceptable. Hopefully im worrying over nothing.
  6. lunatic59

Just out of curiosity, what *is* the standard protocol for deliveries there? Here we have the big players .... FedEx, United Parcel (UPS) and the U. S. Post (USPS) and with each it's either require a signature or drop it and run. If a signature is required and no one is home, they try three times and if they still don't get someone to sign, they return it to the sender. In any case they always leave a note.
  7. Liamo_210

Same here they are supposed to try 3 times befre sending it back. If they deliver on saturdays not sure though that means they tried once so far.

And its TNT who are delivering it. When i track the delivery it says its still at the depot. Just 10 minutes away from were my sister lives who is getting it for me.
  8. lunatic59

Hmmm, we can pick it up at the depot too (or in the case of FedEx and the nearest Kinko's, if we notify them by a certain time) but they won't let anybody just pick it up. If you are not the addressee - and they do check ID's - you have to have the delivery ticket they left at the residence.
  9. Liamo_210

You cant pick it up at the depot here it must be delivered to you no matter how close you live.
  10. lunatic59

Well then ... I hope it shows up on Monday. I'd cross my fingers for you but it makes it hard to type. ;)
  11. Liamo_210

Thanks mate.
  12. Liamo_210

Anyone else have or had this problem ?
  13. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

When I ordered my Nexus One, way back when, the charge disappeared from my bank account (i.e., the funds became available again). It then reappeared a few days later-- in fact I think I received the N1 during the time there was no charge on my account. I just waited it out. It has to do with how the banks dance with the merchants on this charge stuff. if the merchant doesn't finalize the charge within a certain window, the bank releases the charge, but it will reappear when the merchant finalizes.

I'd guess your delivery company just missed the projection and google is lagging on it's accounting end. Hope I'm right.
  14. Liamo_210

hopefully your right
  15. Liamo_210

Still no news or money taken out of my account. :(
  16. Liamo_210

Anyone have a link to the thread were everyones talking about the holding charge.