[Nexus 4 Radios] Flash in Recovery [LTE and HSPA+]

1. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Hey y'all,

I felt like it might be nice to have a place for available radios for the Nexus 4. Hope you are down...

The .24, .27, .33 & Hybrid .33/.84 versions allow for LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/EDGE connectivity.

The .48, .54 & .84 versions offer the same, except no LTE.

This post will be maintained and updated by me or whomever may contribute to this thread. All radios can be downloaded here:

My Dropbox Linky: Download the Radio which fits your needs: .24, .27, .33, Hybrid are LTE capable; .48, .54, .84 are HSPA+ capable

Each T-Mobile market may vary in terms of available coverage and speeds relevant to that market. I guarantee nothing.

I have downloaded and flashed each file with no problems, in hopes of providing a brick-free/bug-free experience; I just can't guarantee it.

Yours,

jmar

MD5s

.24: a52f143750f4d33aeadbcf442a248ddf

.27: e9830971c2ccf792c5901e73cdb7474a

.33: 3607ae33dea2764c44e0e03c44cce7f9

Hybrid .33/.84 (Use with Android 4.3): f14a02321033c8f20b88f6402b9e0e86

.48: a206b6787fdc071614938f0a93a62fc5

.54: 0d556693de6c6af086d8d9a74a5dc164

.84: e7d06690b2e26f2d0c8fa11c69791981
    [​IMG]
    Special thanks to scary alien for his app, find it here: Android File Verifier

Advertisement
    :
    chrlswltrs, i2f, p-bOt and 3 others like this.
  2. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

OP updated with MD5s and a shout out to my man scary alien...he's a friendly alien. ;):p:D
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  3. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

.83 radio coming soon! Likely to be another non-LTE radio...but you never know! Seriously though, not likely. :rolleyes:
  4. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

So it looks like the. 83 radio was not the final radio. .84 is the final radio. I'll post it, later tonight after the little one is in bed, as well as a hybrid of .33 and .84 for those who want LTE.
  5. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

OP updated! Enjoy!
  6. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member Contributor

When i took the OTA, my radio changed to .84 and now i don't get signal inside my home.

With .48 i use to get 2-3 bars all the time inside the house but like i said, now i get no bars inside and when driving around i notice that signal keeps falling in places i use to get full bars all the time.

can i flash back .48 on rooted stock 4.3?
  7. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

You can use any radio you'd like. I suggest using the hybrid if you want to use LTE later on.
    xploPR likes this.
  8. xploPR

xploPR Well-Known Member Contributor

Will do the hybrid for LTE, thanks.
    jmar likes this.
  9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm updating to the Hybrid now :thumbup:
    jmar likes this.
  10. Sasuke082594

Sasuke082594 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I flashed the hybrid .84 radio and edited the build.prop. and added the T-Mobile LTE APN and went into the 4636 menu and still no LTE. Any tips?
  11. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

If you followed the directions exactly and you have LTE in your area it should work. I'm using that radio also and it is working great.

After most of the steps were complete I had to reboot before I could enable LTE, then reboot another time after that to actually connect. But, other than the reboots I just followed the directions exactly and used the hybrid radio
  12. Sasuke082594

Sasuke082594 Well-Known Member

I don't think I have coverage out here in California then /: I'll have to wait til I go to Illinois. Maybe I'll have coverage there.
  13. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

If you flash a LTE radio is there some way around having to enable LTE manually every time you boot the phone up?

Don't 4G/LTE phones Automatically select whichever band is the strongest for you?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
  14. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Because it is disabled in the os, the stock rom will not give you the option. However certain custom roms will allow it to stick if you make a couple changes to the build.prop
    OcalaFlGuy likes this.
  15. OcalaFlGuy

And those ROMs that allow it to Stick would be?

Thanks!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
  16. jhawkkw

I remember AOKP allowing it to stick. I also think CM10.2 allowed it to stick so I'd imagine CM11 would as well. I used Carbon and P.A.C-MAN as well and I think it would stick with those as well. Just remember to make the build.prop edits after flashing the rom as illustrated in the stickied walkthrough in the root subforum and it should be good to go, though I think you need to restart the device at least once near the end of the process in order to make the menu show up.
    OcalaFlGuy likes this.
  17. OcalaFlGuy

18. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Bruce I think I read that you got it working, but would like to say with that enabler zip you posted, and a factory reset even stock rom will allow lte to stick.
    The key is the factory reset, once the build prop is edited.

There is a squlite editer that is supposed to get it to stick without factory reset but I never tried it so could not tell you.
    OcalaFlGuy likes this.
  19. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

Will these radios work in the UK? Can I just choose any radio, or do I need a specific one for my network?
  20. new optimus

Stock radio will work fine in the UK, unfortunately the nexus only gets LTE on one band, band 4 and only american carriers are using band 4 LTE.
  21. ooberandy

ooberandy Well-Known Member

I'm not rooted at the moment and have been thinking of rooting and changing radio to try to get better battery life.
  22. jhawkkw

Some Canadian carriers use it too, but still not a large group worldwide.
    new optimus likes this.
  23. new optimus

Your right, I meant north american carriers.:eek:
  24. 0utSid3r

0utSid3r Well-Known Member

I just flash the radio I want in recovery correct?
  25. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Yes, although there are are newer hybrid radios and different combinations of hybrids to enable LTE, check out the Hybrid LTE radio thread on XDA for newer/different combinations. For more detailed discussion, look here: [REF] Mako hybrid modem collection V2 - xda-developers
    0utSid3r likes this.