1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus 4 screen shattered - will the phone still work?Support

1. Libbylu4

Libbylu4 New Member

I recently shattered the screen to my Google Nexus 4 phone. Not just cracked, shattered - tons of spider web lines. I looked up YouTube videos of how to replace the screen and almost ordered a replacement repair kit but then wondered if it's just the screen that's broken or if it damaged the phone, too. Is there any way to tell/test it? The screen does not respond to my touch but still turns on and the color and brightness look fine.

I guess I don't want to spend $100 replacing the screen only to find that the phone is broken and I really just need to buy a whole new phone.

Anyone know if I can test if just my screen is broken vs. the phone itself?

Advertisement
    :
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, LibbyLu :).

Sorry to hear that about your N4 :(.

I'm pretty sure the phone should still be working, even if the screen is not.

Have you tried connecting your USB cable between the phone and a PC and seeing if you can access / view the files on the SD card?

That would be a pretty quick and easy way to tell if things behind the scenes are up and working, even if the screen is not.

Now that's not 100% reliable, but should give you the warm and fuzzies you are looking for :).

Also, try calling the phone and see if it rings...that will test a few more components and tell you that a few other things are probably okay.

Best of luck and let us know how things go!

:)
    Libbylu4 likes this.