1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Nexus 4 Shipping thread: Where is your Nexus?General

1. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

The Nexus 4 has apparently started shipping, as a few UK members have received theirs and a US member has confirmed he got a shipping email this morning. So, for those of you with shipping info, where's your Nexus at now? I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, but if you have, post your stories here!

Advertisement
  2. McCookie

McCookie Well-Known Member

I wrote the wrong postcode... on the order.. stupid me .. :(
    I wrote the address of my university and the postcode of my parents' house ........
    So it's wandering somewhere in Enfield now.. this Saturday I'm going back to Enfield and pick it up from the depot!
  3. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I have my tracking number but it doesn't work yet. They said it could take 24 hours for the tracking number to work. I'm hoping it's shipping from somewhere closer than California.
  4. cghodo

cghodo Member

Each new message in my inbox has become a cruel joke. I've gotten rid of so many mailing lists waiting for this ******* shipping confirm.
  5. g_patrick15

I keep checking my email, only to find out that it's the email the forums send everytime someone replies to a thread. :mad::(
  6. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I think mines still being put together somewhere in the LG factory.

:(
  7. Farru503

Farru503 Well-Known Member

I was about to say that too :(
  8. cghodo

cghodo Member

... I just got an email from the play store... and it had nothing to do with this order. Good one, Google. You're funny.

BTW, on a serious note, I realized just after placing my order that the billing address for the order was old and not the same as the credit card I used for the order.

Surely that's fine, right? And if it wasn't, I would think that it would have already cancelled itself. The transaction is still in pending on my credit card. I thought about calling google about it, but am worried they might cancel the order trying to fix it.

Also, I've ordered an N7 through the play store before and I would think that the same billing address discrepancy would have occurred then, too. I should be fine... yep... definitely.
  9. g_patrick15

Got that same email. Elation followed by anger mixed with sadness. Google is the ultimate troll.
  10. killxswitch

killxswitch Well-Known Member

Just called to check the status. My CC shows the charge is still pending, as does my Google Wallet purchase. The support person said that is because it hasn't shipped yet, and that it probably wouldn't ship til tomorrow. Ugh. Looks like I'm not getting mine until next week.

FYI I live in the midwest and my N4 will be shipping from a warehouse in TX.
  11. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I just checked Dante's Divine Comedy for Smartphones and mine is definitely in purgatory. Now, wait. I'm in purgatory, my phone order is "in progress" which means the one guy who's packing up all these shipments has run out of tape and has to drive his 1987 Toyota to Office Depot for more. He'll be stopping at White Castle for a good 2 hour lunch, too.
  12. JunBringer

Mine is in Kentucky:

[​IMG]

Just read some details from an email from UPS that i signed up for and it says "2nd Day Air." Makes me think that I'll get it on the second day, which is tomorrow since it shipped today right?
  13. lunatic59

I think I shot myself in the foot. I ordered a Nexus 7 at the same time. If they are going to ship them together, then I bet mine requires special handling. :(
  14. killxswitch

Where do you live? I am in Indiana so I don't understand why mine would be coming from Texas. Kentucky is literally the 3rd closest state in the union to me.
  15. JunBringer

I'm in Maryland, so it'll only have to cross West Virginia and Virginia to get to me, and it's 2nd Day Air so my hopes are up for getting it tomorrow.
  16. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

If it is truly second day air, I believe you should receive it saturday. Hope you get it tomorrow tho!
  17. JunBringer

Yeah hopefully UPS is doing Saturday in this case.
  18. acp

acp Well-Known Member

noooooooooo just got this

"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We’ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."
  19. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Just received this email from Google Play Store:

"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We
    kcs7272 likes this.
  20. lunatic59

Oh brother. I suppose anyone who hasn't received their ship confirmation by now is in the same boat.
  21. killxswitch

I got the same message. After being told by a person that it would ship tomorrow. I am about done with this bullshit.
    kcs7272 likes this.
  22. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

kcs7272 likes this.
  23. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

I won't believe till i see it
  24. killxswitch

I just called the support line and from what the person could see, my order is still pending and is not backordered. That doesn't give me a ton of hope given how big of a cluster**** this whole launch has been.
  25. cghodo

cghodo Member

I'm also following all of this on xda and one person's talk with customer service indicated that if you haven't got the back-order email yet, then you're probably in the clear.

Another person said they ordered around 8:35 pst and they got the email so it seems random- order time will make no difference. The people that ordered late by f5ing might all get axed though.

It stinks. Google obviously didn't realize the initial demand they would have. I would have thought they would have timed the next wave sooner than 3 weeks and went from there, but who knows.

Given the type of following Nexus devices get, they should have realized that this device would likely have an early surge from enthusiasts before tappering quicker than normal. Now they might push to manufacturer tons of devices only to get hit with a drought in demand after all initial orders are filled.