• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 Shipping thread: Where is your Nexus?

g_patrick15

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2009
The Nexus 4 has apparently started shipping, as a few UK members have received theirs and a US member has confirmed he got a shipping email this morning. So, for those of you with shipping info, where's your Nexus at now? I still haven't received a shipping confirmation, but if you have, post your stories here!

... I just got an email from the play store... and it had nothing to do with this order. Good one, Google. You're funny.

BTW, on a serious note, I realized just after placing my order that the billing address for the order was old and not the same as the credit card I used for the order.

Surely that's fine, right? And if it wasn't, I would think that it would have already cancelled itself. The transaction is still in pending on my credit card. I thought about calling google about it, but am worried they might cancel the order trying to fix it.

Also, I've ordered an N7 through the play store before and I would think that the same billing address discrepancy would have occurred then, too. I should be fine... yep... definitely.

Upvote 0
... I just got an email from the play store... and it had nothing to do with this order. Good one, Google. You're funny.

BTW, on a serious note, I realized just after placing my order that the billing address for the order was old and not the same as the credit card I used for the order.

Surely that's fine, right? And if it wasn't, I would think that it would have already cancelled itself. The transaction is still in pending on my credit card. I thought about calling google about it, but am worried they might cancel the order trying to fix it.

Also, I've ordered an N7 through the play store before and I would think that the same billing address discrepancy would have occurred then, too. I should be fine... yep... definitely.
Got that same email. Elation followed by anger mixed with sadness. Google is the ultimate troll.

Upvote 0
Just called to check the status. My CC shows the charge is still pending, as does my Google Wallet purchase. The support person said that is because it hasn't shipped yet, and that it probably wouldn't ship til tomorrow. Ugh. Looks like I'm not getting mine until next week.

FYI I live in the midwest and my N4 will be shipping from a warehouse in TX.

Upvote 0
I just checked Dante's Divine Comedy for Smartphones and mine is definitely in purgatory. Now, wait. I'm in purgatory, my phone order is "in progress" which means the one guy who's packing up all these shipments has run out of tape and has to drive his 1987 Toyota to Office Depot for more. He'll be stopping at White Castle for a good 2 hour lunch, too.

Upvote 0
Mine is in Kentucky:

tumblr_mdjkgoHDI71rki73zo1_500.jpg

Just read some details from an email from UPS that i signed up for and it says "2nd Day Air." Makes me think that I'll get it on the second day, which is tomorrow since it shipped today right?

Upvote 0
Mine is in Kentucky:

tumblr_mdjkgoHDI71rki73zo1_500.jpg

Just read some details from an email from UPS that i signed up for and it says "2nd Day Air." Makes me think that I'll get it on the second day, which is tomorrow since it shipped today right?

Where do you live? I am in Indiana so I don't understand why mine would be coming from Texas. Kentucky is literally the 3rd closest state in the union to me.

Upvote 0
noooooooooo just got this

"Thank you for your recent purchase on Google Play. Due to overwhelming demand, your Nexus 4 is on backorder and is expected to ship within three weeks. We’ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

Upvote 0
I'm also following all of this on xda and one person's talk with customer service indicated that if you haven't got the back-order email yet, then you're probably in the clear.

Another person said they ordered around 8:35 pst and they got the email so it seems random- order time will make no difference. The people that ordered late by f5ing might all get axed though.

It stinks. Google obviously didn't realize the initial demand they would have. I would have thought they would have timed the next wave sooner than 3 weeks and went from there, but who knows.

Given the type of following Nexus devices get, they should have realized that this device would likely have an early surge from enthusiasts before tappering quicker than normal. Now they might push to manufacturer tons of devices only to get hit with a drought in demand after all initial orders are filled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones