• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 vs Mi3

mazahirp

Lurker
Aug 6, 2014
Hi All,
I am selling off my year old LG Nexus 4 E960 for the new Xiaomi Mi3. Is it a good deal? Would like to know your opinions, feedback, advantages and disadvantages. The biggest downside I see is the new Android 5 L upgrade for Nexus 4 some months down the line which maybe really good considering a pure stock Android for Nexus devices. Also no LTE support for Mi3.

Cheers,
Max

Welcome to the forums, mazahirp! :hello:
Judging on specs alone, it looks like the Xiaomi has the N4 beat. I know next to nothing about Xiaomi but have been hearing about them lately as completely dominating the Chinese smartphone market.
HSPA+ can generally be fast enough depending on your carrier. The brief time I spent with T-Mo on their network wasn't all that much slower than LTE with Verizon. And considering that the N4 isn't LTE compatible may make things muckier in the decision.
Are you looking for a BIG upgrade or is the sale of the N4 enough to cover a new Xiaomi?

Upvote 0
Hi,
thanks for the reply. Well it is not a big upgrade in terms of pricing. My nexus 4 is working fine. Infact I am happy with it. It is just that I found mi3 too good to be true at the same selling price of nexus 4. So I thought of selling Nexus 4 and buying Mi3 for:
a. bigger battery and newer battery (considering my Nexus 4 is a year old)
b. Bigger screen
c. Higher screen resolution
d. 13MP camera compared to 8MP of nexus 4
e. Inbuilt FM receiver.

Disadvantage:
a. mi3 is android 4.4.2 compared to 4.4.4 on my nexus 4
b. Pure android on nexus 4 compared to heavily customized miui rom
c. Android 5 update in few months down the line on Nexus 4 whereas not sure about updates on mi3
d. LG - better brand value and phone build quality wheras not really sure about Xiaomi since chinese brands do not have high resale value.

I Hope the above points is a good comparison. Though I know these, I would like to know from others on what they think about this decision.

Cheers,
Max

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones