1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus 4 watering hole

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Here is the official Nexus 4 watering hole thread. No topic, just random chatting.

Advertisement
    :
  2. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

Anyone else reading all of the reviews knowing full well they'll buy the N4 whatever they say?
    Just me?
  3. chrlswltrs

I'm doing it too, the wait is driving me nuts!
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

If they decide to release a Verizon version, I'll buy it at full retail. Otherwise I'm sitting tight with my G-Nex. No phones other nexus brands for me. I learned that lesson the hard way.
  5. chrlswltrs

Me too... I thought I was upgrading my Nexus S going to the GSII. Didn't take me long to realize my mistake. I'll never get another non Nexus phone, or tablet. Going to be getting the Nexus 10 after the holidays. I've been holding out upgrading my iPad for a long time waiting on Google to make a 10" tablet.
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

The Transformer Infinity tab is the one exception because of that keyboard dock and ASUS is fairly good about updates as it is. Though I admit if I didn't already have that, there would be a 32GB Nexus 10 tab with my name on it.
  7. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

I'm fiening for the nexus 4,..ill probably just stare at the f***er, maybe 2 hrs just looking at the box, then another 2 when I pull the cover off,..then ill decide if I should keep the plastics on the front and back,..but ill probably won't get to that because they'll be a shining light coming down on the phone as I lift it up out the box and just....stare at it...wondering where its been my whole life, like pulling the sword out of that rock or finishing that 1 game that took so long to beat...in my case its running 11.3 in the 1/4 mile after finishing my Holset hx35 ka24 build
  8. chrlswltrs

Not me. Mine will be unlocked and rooted as soon as it arrives :D
  9. njs11usc

njs11usc Well-Known Member

Anyone have thoughts on the Nov. 13th release date? Do you think pre orders will begin sometime that day, or do you think that it will be the first day you can actually buy the device from the play store?
  10. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

I wish they would open up pre-orders now so I could actually get the device delivered to me on the 13th instead of buying the device on the 13th and getting it delivered on the 16th... I'm impatient.
    killxswitch and Trooper like this.
  11. adi19956

I think that's the day they'll open up orders. At the moment you can only register interest
  12. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

I'm going to order from Google Play or CPW or O2 UK - whoever has it first. Obviously if it is in stock retail the day Google put in on Play I'll go to the shop.
  13. adi19956

CPW is offering it at steep prices considering the price on Google Play as with the Spanish retailer which backed out.
  14. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

Would nexus 4 on google play have a black Friday discount?..sounds impossible but im just wondering
  15. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

At $300 for the 8GB model I can't imagine Google is making a profit. Besides, this is the internet. If anything, check for a deal on Cyber Monday (the Monday after Black Friday).

Really all we can do is speculate, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  16. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Yeah, i read the reviews and can't seem to buy into the "negatives". No LTE, no problem. If you're on Verizon or Sprint you can't use this phone yet anyways. Besides...

$299 unlocked, $30/month tMobile HSPA+ with a phone that matches top-specs and gets instant updates
    vs.
    $100-$299 locked, $80+/month (for 2 years) 4GLTE with a phone that comes with bloatware and late updates

No brainer.

glass back... people HATED the S3 when it came out because it was plastic.

no expandable memory or removable battery... this sounds good in theory but the majority of cell phone users don't swap out battery's and SD cards. From iPhones to HTC... i had a Note, currently have an S3 and don't own an SD card or spare battery. Chargering is pretty easy to come by for most.

Give me top-of-the-line specs, a good looking phone and timely updates and I may be able to curb my cell phone lust for more than a month or two.
  17. chrlswltrs

Yeah, I think this phone will keep me happy for a while... Until the next Nexus. I think hardware advances are going to slow down a little, so with the timely, non-bloated software updates this phone should easily last a year or 2.

Plus after having the GSII, I have no desire to ever have a non Nexus Android phone again.
  18. Nalej

Nalej Well-Known Member

I think I'll upgrade to the Nexus 4's redheaded stepbrother: Optimus G.
    If the off-chance, a Nexus 4 will be released to Sprint in the next year, I'll just swap it out.
    Doubtful so not expecting it. My Nexus S is nice and smooth but it's half gig of RAM just isn't cutting it.
  19. adi19956

Should try chugging along on my 30 month old HTC Legend!!
  20. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Any word on a car dock for the Nexus 4? I've searched for any rumour at all, but all I get is hits for Samsung Galaxy and iPhone ... and a thread on XDA speculating that it should be possible to pull off wireless charging and automatic switching car mode courtesy of the NFC chip. Sweet idea, no?

I want this phone -- but I NEED a car dock for it!

To be clear, I wouldn't mind a wired dock, but I would like it to be a one-handed affair. For my current HTC Desire Z, I'm using (oddly enough) a dock for a Motorola Droid X, because for the Desire Z the only option is a generic mount where you first have to attach the phone to the mount, then the power cable to the phone. That, in my mind, is not a dock.
  21. adi19956

Will a universal car dock not work? Like this
  22. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Yes it "would work", but it would be more hassle than I'd care for. See above, I'm looking for a true "dock", not a simple mount with or without separate power.
    (Posting just to let you know, in case you're subscribed...)
  23. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd really like something that supports the wireless charging and uses the magnet to hold the phone up and nothing else. It'd be so nice to just place it up there and not have to do anything to secure the phone to the dock, kind of like how I do now with PuGoo but I won't have to wash it every week and it'll charge the phone.
  24. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Trooper reporting in for duty.
  25. donec

donec Well-Known Member

What happens to your phone being held by a magnet and you have an emergancy swerve or brake or wreck? Doesn't sound safe to me.