Nexus 4: Wifi & BluetoothSupport

Last Updated:

1. schulzey3486

schulzey3486 Member

I'm interested in getting the nexus 4 but I heard a rumor that you can't use wifi and bluetooth at the same time and that they will both show on but only one will work. Can any nexus 4 owners out there confirm or deny this?

The reason this is important to me is sometimes I hook my smartphone up to my tv or computer monitor and use a computer and mouse via bluetooth. With the new slimport enabled nexus 4 this would be even easier than the micro hdmi I'm currently using. If I can't use wifi while I'm doing this it would be a bummer.

Thanks for your responses!

Advertisement
  2. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member

I'll try it later today. I haven't had any connectivity issues yet. In fact, the new Qualcomm radios in this thing are excellent.
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there schulzey, i am going to move this thread into the Nexus 4 forums so that actual users of the device can help you answer this question :)
  4. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I'll confirm that for WiFi and data. Using a Linux terminal on the Nexus 4 (commands "route" and "ifconfig") I find that when both are on, the data interface goes down and WiFi is the default route. Bluetooth remains configured.

However, Bluetooth and WiFi coexist peacefully. I can ping other devices on the lan and transfer files to the Bluetooth attached netbook.
  5. schulzey3486

schulzey3486 Member

Hi HSTROPH,
    I'm not that tech savvy. I can't tell if you're saying it does work or doesn't. Can I use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse while at the same time using wifi connection on the Nexus 4? Will this make it go really slow or anything if it does work?

thanks!
  6. schulzey3486

schulzey3486 Member

I use smartphones like a mini media player, I want to hook it up to bluetooth mouse and keyboard and plug in the nexus 4 via slimport external monitor and be able to browse the web and watch streaming videos like netflix, youtube, etc.
  7. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

hello, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. All I can tell you is that Bluetooth and WiFi function on the Nexus 4 simultaneously. I'm not able to answer your other questions because I don't have such Bluetooth devices.