1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Nexus 4 wifi problemSupport

1. chukka63

chukka63 Well-Known Member

My nexus 4 connects to my home wifi fine.When im out and about,say at mcdonalds or my local social club my phone says im connected to wifi when it isnt.
    I cant even find a way to get to the password section to retype in the password.
    Anyone help with this ?

On my boring iphone 4s i had no such issues and this is bugging me

Advertisement
  2. timmyh318

timmyh318 Well-Known Member

Alot of time mcdonalds has an accept terms page. Will it load anything on the browsers home page? Alot of public wifi spots make you accept there terms before it will allow you to use it.
    El Presidente likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Yep, I rarely have any success connecting to public WiFi on any of my devices and for security reasons it's something I generally shy away from anyway.
  4. chukka63

without the wifi i cant access any web pages
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Settings -> WiFi -> Touch the WiFi to which you are trying to connect then touch forget. Then you will be able to enter the password/key/phrase again.

Have you tried? As it was mentioned you may need to open your browser and accept the terms and conditions of the wifi before you can fully connect.
  6. chukka63

As i said,on the couple of occasions ive tried this ive had no signal so unable to open the browser.
    Im off to a new mc d's ina bit so will try then,if i have any standard signal
  7. SquirrelNuts

SquirrelNuts Well-Known Member Contributor

I've had issues connecting to wifi that redirects to a page where you have to accept their terms of service. Sometimes closing out Chrome then going back in resolves it.
  8. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

That sounds strange, with no signal at all the browser will just open to a page saying cant connect.

unless its a browser issue I dont see this as being a phone problem.
  9. chukka63

i phoned vodafone AGAIN and was walked through some settings and it seems to have done the trick but still had trouble connecting to the cloud today even though i had registered a while back.After turning wifi off and on several times i got to the cloud page