1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Nexus 5 - Black Friday?

1. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Sorry to post guys.. currently drinking enjoying the LSU vs A&M game and the mobile search feauture isn't great. Online Google searches haven't really netted me much either.

Is it expected to see Nexus 5 - Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals? The ole lady wants one and while i'm an avid HTC user this is def the phone for her.she was wanting to buy one this day if so.

Are they still sold put?

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Google will not be offering a deal on the version they offer on the play store any time soon, however I wouldn't put it past T-Mobile &/or Sprint offering a discount with a new 2 year agreement.
  3. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

What I needed to know, thanks! We are with AT&T... Just wanted to make sure before she ordered it then realized we could have saved money on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

(I know the phone is already subsidized and cheap enough)
  4. steveu694

steveu694 Well-Known Member

T mobile is now no contract, fyi
  5. LuvMusic

LuvMusic VIP Member VIP Member

NaterTots likes this.
  6. Procinctus

Procinctus Member

Does anyone know if this would also work if I am getting t-mobile $30 prepaid plan? Technically I am switching my # over but I am not buying anything from them as I already ordered my device.
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I use my T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan with my Nexus 5 just fine. It's a match made in heaven.
  8. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

Thank you for the tip on the $50

I moved my # to T-Mo on saturday in a store and activated my N5. I just called customer service and they said I'll get a $50 credit to my account in 6-8 weeks.

Thanks again LuvMusic.:D

NaterTots
  9. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

Did you port your numbers to the $30 prepaid or a family plan for the $50 promo?

I called and asked if I could get the promo since we just switched and ported from Sprint.

I spoke to 3 different people and noone seemed to know about this promo.

Wondering what type of plan you activated.
  10. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

YES! That is so true...:)
  11. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'm also curious about the $50 going into my account since I switched over within the past month onto the prepaid T-Mobile $30 plan. Anyone?
  12. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

I know T-Mo is $450 on the Nexus, but there is a coupon code: 30NEXUS to save $30 off. It makes it a little easier to swallow paying more than Play Store's price... and you can finance it. Is T-Mobile still offering $50 for porting? I wonder if it can be used in conjunction?
  13. Procinctus

Procinctus Member

At tmobile store they said that the promo is not for prepaid. If anyone figures out how to get it for prepaid then let me know!
  14. minimefg2

minimefg2 Member

Heres what i did i activated a line on nov 15 to try out the service, but only today did i port my number over to t-mobile btw i have the 30$ plan,called customer care and asked them if i could get the promo for 50$ they walked me thru it submitted and should be getting in 7-10 days. Now she said i can only use it in store and that i couldnt use it to pay my bill with because it was prepaid, i dont get why as they dont have contracts anymore.

Heres the link http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/transfer-cell-phone-numbers.html?AID=11456737&PID=4485850 ends today though.