• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 display brightness issue I've seen with five different n5's!

mikeyv2009

Nov 16, 2012
Okay so I purchased two nexus 5's about two months ago for my girlfriend and I and it wasn't until yesterday that I had the phones side by side and I noticed that one of phones screens is significantly brighter and has richer colors than the other on the exact same brightness .. The whites are much whiter on mine as opposed to the other one looking dull.. Same as colors to.. My friend just bought one last week and his has a dull screen and my other friends is a bright one like mine .. U probably wouldn't notice this unless u had two to compare... Had anyone else noticed this? I looked online and couldn't find anything about this.. Is this a manufacture defect? . I'm asking because I need to buy another and don't want to take the chance of getting one with a dull screen... Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones