• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5 keeps restarting

Omar Days

Android Expert
May 19, 2011
For the past week my phone has been restarting on it's own. At first it would do it once a day, now I've lost count how many times in a day it restarts or is stuck in a boot loop.

I've put it in safe mode, and it still happens unfortunately.

Phone is stock, 5.0.2.

Does anyone have any suggestions before i ring up google? I think it's the power button that's faulty. Urghh, just as it's out of it's warranty, this happens :(

It could very well be a hardware issue. What I would probably try is a factory reset. Failing that, I would try flashing the factory images and then performing another factory reset.

If the problem persists after that, I'd say it's probably time to send it in.

Don't forget to backup your internal storage!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys.

Well, I downloaded and installed Gravity Screen (It wakes the phone using the proximity sensor, for those that don't know), so I haven't touched the power button, and my phone hasn't turned off or restarted. From that conclusion, definitely sounds like a hardware issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones