• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 power and volume button not working

My nexus 5 after some random reboots on latest cataclysm rom started to have a problem that power and volume button were not working at all. I have done everything and even flashed it all back to stock with no luck. The power and volume buttons work perfectly in bootloader mode but dont work in recovery or in the rom. Please help.

My nexus 5 after some random reboots on latest cataclysm rom started to have a problem that power and volume button were not working at all. I have done everything and even flashed it all back to stock with no luck. The power and volume buttons work perfectly in bootloader mode but dont work in recovery or in the rom. Please help.

Typically when there is an issue with the power and/or the volume buttons it is a hardware issue. There was a lot of N5's that have had bad/defective power buttons. Haven't heard to much about issues with the volume buttons.

It's odd that they work in bootloader mode but not in OS and recovery.

Have you tried backing everything up (data/documents/music/vids... etc) and then try and perform a factory data rest?
A lot of times when doing major android OS upgrades (KitKat to Lollipop)
There can be left over data that can/will cause strange and odd behavior.
After I flashed the 5.0 factory images, when it booted I had not status bar or navigation bar.
I when it to TWRP and did a factory data rest and all was good after that... Status bar and navigation bar were back on first boot.

Did the issue develop over time or was it something that happened immediately while on Cataclysm?
Also after upgrading or downgrading your N5 in succession was the problem immediate or was it over a gradual time that it recurred?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones