Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2013-10-31 19:44:18
  1. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. nitramus

nitramus Well-Known Member

They also seem very sure about the 3gb ram. I find that to be very unlikely.
  3. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

Clocks are generally pretty easy to change, but how it will affect the devices stability is another issue =p

Also if you look at the top of the gsmarena link they actually say "Unofficial preliminary specifications."
  4. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

I was an iPhone user until I got the Nexus 4. The biggest disappointment has been the battery life on it with only a 2100 mAh battery. I was really looking forward to the Nexus 5, but with a larger screen, more pixels, and a more powerful CPU, a 2300 mAh battery just seems like such a minor upgrade. And with other upgraded internals, I'm skeptical as to whether or not overall battery life will even improve at all.
  5. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Well-Known Member

I wonder if assuming that the nexus 5 is a derivitive of the G2, would the bigger g2 battery fit?

Edit: Just reread the gsmareana notes, it claims that the battery is non-removable.
  6. drbugsmn

egDonald likes this.
  7. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

Just noticed the log points to a lower res 8MP cam. Thats really to bad although not entirely unexpected.
  8. drbugsmn

Agreed! on xda there is some speculation that it might still be an OIS camera with discussion about it might also have a bigger sensor size which is good

xda-developers - View Single Post - Nexus 5 leaked
  9. charliecc

charliecc Well-Known Member

When you get about 5MP, it's pretty irrelevant IMO. In fact, I'd rather my phone was 5 or 8, anything bigger and the memory footprint gets to large.

It's the quality of the optics etc that make for a decent picture. The camera and phone manufacturers have been brainwashing us for ages on this, always promoting their device as having more MPs, it's not that important.
  10. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

To each their own i guess =p

5 MP just feels way to low. even with a decent 5mp point and shoot the lack of detail in anything over a 4x6 gets very annoying.

I understand the play optics and OIS have in image quality but the fact that they are cutting back on the cam sensor does not bode well for the rest of the camera hardware. Still if they do get an OIS 8MP cam in there that could still be decent, but i have a feeling thats just wishful thinking. I would love to be proven wrong though!
  11. drbugsmn

egDonald and Cronis like this.
  12. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

16gb only?
  13. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

I assume this means the N5 that the leaked log was taken from had 16GB... so that probably means one of 3 things.

1. it could be the low end model and a 32GB is in the works
    2. It could be the high end model and a 8 GB is in the works
    3. They will only release a 16GB model
    Who knows its all guesswork right now :p

Also another article I really like on camera optics if anyone fancies a read

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6777/understanding-camera-optics-smartphone-camera-trends
    Hadron, egDonald and Rxpert83 like this.
  14. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

Ya I'm just hoping there is a 32gb coming. If not, I'll be going with the LG G2.
  15. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Well-Known Member

^ this.

Sigh. The ONE thing that makes a phone work for me is the removable battery.....Car chargers frankly suck, mine never last....and I move around alot for work...if the phone goes low, I have the second battery.....
    I bet this phone's appetite makes up for the 500 mah increase over the Gnex I have...So I guess I will be stuck with a dying phone near the end of a moderate to heavy day....
    sigh
  16. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

They make quite a bit of progress towards battery efficiency with each new generation

While a 3,000 mAH battery would he nice. I think 2,300 would be just fine for my uses
  17. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

I hope this phone wows me enough to sacrifice better coverage on VZW and unlimited data, but it's looking like my S4 with AOKP will be fine and I'll wait another year in the hopes of another VZW Nexus...
  18. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

19. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Can Google give us an announcement date already?
  20. strausd

21. drbugsmn

22. elemein

elemein Well-Known Member

Just to make sure, would I be likely to see a battery life improvement? I have pretty much decided to get this phone as long as its under 450$.

However, battery life is a big thing for me; heres what its currently like:

- It'll last a whole day (7Am - midnight) of light usage.
    - If I use anything intensive (Kik messenger, games, etc) for any amount of time, I must charge it to make it last a day
    - If I game or use Kik all day, I must charge it up to 3 TIMES (from 10-100%) for it to make the day
    - I must lower brightness to 25%, turn off ALL push notifications, lots of location services, etc.

Am I due for better? I dont need it to last days, I just need it to make one whole day no matter what I do within reason.
  23. strausd

This might help:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1632159
    Rxpert83 and drbugsmn like this.
  24. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Rxpert83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.