• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5 production stopped

This kinda sucks. I just can't deal with the mondo size of the Nexus 6 and would rather not deal with the mondo price. I guess if anything happens to my N4 or my wife's N5 it will be time to find a used N5 or maybe go for a Moto X. It's not a Nexus, but close enough given the available choices. I would rather put money into a new Moto than risk it on a used phone.

Upvote 0
If and when they run out of N5s it will be a sad day, as it is an excellent phone.

I, and many other people, don't want a 6" phone; the screen size is quite adequate as is and the phone fits in my pocket.

If, as was suggested, this is because Google's contract with LG is at an end, perhaps it would be possible to create another 5" phone as similar to the N5 as possible and at an equally competitive price. If they do, the one thing I'd like is a bigger battery and I'd be quite happy for the phone to be a mm or two thicker to accommodate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones