1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Nexus 5 Root Question

1. Autola

Autola Member

Hi Guys

First post so be gentle.

Basically my Nexus 5 arrived today and I've rooted it. The problem is though is that when I try to unlock the region via the "RegionLock Away" App I get a message saying "Could not locate CSC data! You could try flashing a CSC package to correct this". I've checked "Root Checker Basic" and I am definitely rooted.

So basically, how do I get it so I can change the region?

I want to change the region as I want to download the BBC Iplayer in the USA.

Advertisement
    :
  2. xdrc45

xdrc45 Guides Guide

Try Market Helper from the play store.
    Autola and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. Autola

Autola Member

Thanks. I'll give that a go :)
  4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :D

Let us know if that works!
    Autola likes this.
  5. Autola

Autola Member

So I gave Market Helper a go. Still having trouble - same message coming up as before. Will keep on investigating.
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I might be wrong about this, but isn't region tied to the gmail account and current gps location given by the device?
    Autola likes this.
  7. Autola

Autola Member

That might be the case, I read online somewhere that if you rooted your phone you could avoid being tied to one country's apps. I'm British but live in the USA and I would love to download the app for my UK bank account etc.

If it truly is impossible then that's fine too - it's still a great phone and a vast improvement on my iPhone.
  8. Incakola

Incakola Well-Known Member

I think you a need an app that will route you through a VPN connection. Apps like openVPN, is the only one I use.

Edit: the IP you use obviously has to be from the UK
    Autola and Rxpert83 like this.
  9. Autola

Autola Member

Tried that! Truth is I'm not that technically minded and still couldn't get it to work.

I'll work it out eventually I'm sure :):)
  10. akmsr

akmsr Well-Known Member

you will figure it out. you already took the first step (leaving iUniverse and getting a nexus)
    :party:
    Autola likes this.
  11. Autola

Autola Member

True that! LOVE the Nexus :)