• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 5 yellow exclamation point in control panel.

How do I fix this?

I had the same problem on a windows 7 64 bit machine. I had correct drivers installed, but NOTHING would allow my Nexus 5 to be " seen " by my laptop.

My Galaxy S3, Nexus 7 were fine. After much trial and error... I made a back up of everything important on my laptop to a portable hard drive, then I reformatted my laptop back to default settings, re-installed everything back from my portable hard drive and voila... my nexus 5 shows up in my device manager " without the yellow triangle " and now I can transfer files to and fro.

I am in NO way saying this is the correct solution, but it worked for me...after everything else I tried, did not.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue after rooting. Drivers worked fine to root, then after rooting, the fastboot drivers worked but not mtp.

Once I flashed a rom, everything was fine again.

So I would suggest doing a full wipe (minus internal storage) and then flashing a custom rom. Dirty Unicorns is a good one. :)

Either that or try using the factory images to return to stock.

The problem happens when you immediately flash the custom recovery after unlocking the bootloader. This should normally be fine but you can avoid this issue by booting back into the system after unlocking the bootloader and then flashing a custom recovery.

Like I said, once I flashed a rom, everything was all good again.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue after rooting. Drivers worked fine to root, then after rooting, the fastboot drivers worked but not mtp.

Once I flashed a rom, everything was fine again.

So I would suggest doing a full wipe (minus internal storage) and then flashing a custom rom. Dirty Unicorns is a good one. :)

Either that or try using the factory images to return to stock.

The problem happens when you immediately flash the custom recovery after unlocking the bootloader. This should normally be fine but you can avoid this issue by booting back into the system after unlocking the bootloader and then flashing a custom recovery.

Like I said, once I flashed a rom, everything was all good again.
I used the WugFresh toolkit to root and did a wipe before and I used a google factory image.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure why I suggested that... It would make sense for a rooting issue, but you're already rooted.

Anyway, here's more information about it: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCD

It's weird that nothing will fix the issue. Have you tried doing things manually? As opposed to using a toolkit...

Factory images to return to stock then run the fastboot commands yourself... I really have no idea what the issue is but the only thing I can think of is the off chance that something with the root toolkit is causing you issues...??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones