• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 5X Battery: 7h

Gkhnnn

Lurker
Feb 23, 2017
Hi guys,
I have Nexus 5X and i m disappointed about the battery performance.

I have charged to 100% and battery settings says i have enough juice for 7 hours

I am running with latest android 7.1.2 which is a beta.

I have formated it 2 weeks ago, but no change.

Am i the only who is charging the phone almost twice?

Attachments

• Nexus5x_batt.png
    Nexus5x_batt.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 122
What does the chart look like when the battery is depleted? How much screen time do you end up with? What are you using your phone for? There are a lot of variables here. My phone lasts all day, but I could make it drain in less than two hours if I wanted.

Also, the estimate is based on the usage since charge. In that chart you posted, the first half of the 54 minutes the line was basically horizontal. If you had looked at the estimate at that point, it would say a very long life. It would have been wildly inaccurate. Then you likely used your phone quite a bit, and the estimate dropped a lot. It averaged the usage, extrapolated and came up with 6 more hours of usage left at your current usage level.

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
I see that i miss a alot of informations, sorry about that.

I usually end up with 3-4 hors screen time. I charge it fuly, and at around 5pm i have 50%, After surfing around on face and play like 8ball, instagram i end up with 20% at 8-9pm. Then i have to charge it again to be sure that i have juice enough for alarm can wake me up.

I think my battery last 12hours , with my usage. When iam at home , i always shut 4g off and use Wifi instead

I really like to fast charing in this model but i wish it last longer.

Upvote 0
@Gkhnnn one of the primary factors for identifying problematic battery drain is to look at how you use your phone. We all use them differently, so without detailed information about your usage habits it's impossible for us to help figure out whether you've got a problem or not.

My 6P usually needs a little bit of a boost about the time I get home from work - but I also recognize that I spend 8 hours of the day streaming Google Play Music over mobile data and to a Bluetooth headset. I may only have an hour of Screen On Time, but that's 8 hours of holding the phone awake so it can do the music things.

3-4 hours of screen time, esp with games, is great for this phone.

^ Yep.

Reactions: exninja
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones