• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6P official ordering thread!

The Note 3 is wide, so yes the 6P is easier to use, but it was never an issue for me. I love big phones, so im used to their bulk. See how we go. As for burn out, no sign yet so will keep an eye out for it.

I'll be switching from a Galaxy S4, and it'll be my first experience with a phone that size, but I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly.

Are you planning on selling the 6P after two weeks if you decide to go with a Note 4 instead?

Upvote 0
I'll be switching from a Galaxy S4, and it'll be my first experience with a phone that size, but I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly.

Are you planning on selling the 6P after two weeks if you decide to go with a Note 4 instead?

Size wise you wont notice a huge difference, other than the 6P is narrower and taller, but only slightly. It came free on contract so I'd send it back and swap for the Note 4 if I decided to get rid.

Upvote 0
Size wise you wont notice a huge difference, other than the 6P is narrower and taller, but only slightly. It came free on contract so I'd send it back and swap for the Note 4 if I decided to get rid.

You're lucky you can do that. The cellular providers here (South Africa) don't allow returns, so we have to decide if we like a phone without ever having used (or even held) it, and then stick with it after we sign up for 24 months.

Upvote 0
You're lucky you can do that. The cellular providers here (South Africa) don't allow returns, so we have to decide if we like a phone without ever having used (or even held) it, and then stick with it after we sign up for 24 months.
Oh dear, that's no good. We have 'distance selling regulations' in the UK so anything bought online can be returned if you change your mind, and all phone providers give you 14 days to cool off. In the past have sent quite a few back, its a pain but better than your system.

Upvote 0
Well, so far im underwhelmed. Coming from a Note 3, its not that much of a difference. The screen is the same size, but the phone is taller to allow for the two front mounted speakers. Screen picture looks about the same, web page and youtube page speeds seem the same, so I need to have a good play over the next 2 weeks to see if im gonna keep or go for the Note 4 instead.

You prefer Touchwiz?!

Reactions: ella69
Upvote 0
Awesome. That's the exact version I intend to get. When did you order? I assume not recently.
I ordered about a week and a half ago. The 32gb was the only one I could get; all others were sold out in the Play Store. I use enough cloud based stuff however, that i should be ok. I still have tons of space left on my current 32gb HTC M8 after 2 1/2yrs. Been with Android for 6 or 7 yrs now, and it's amazing how much i've learned about the OS (mostly on this site) over the past yr. This is what got me interested in finally buying a Nexus.

Upvote 0
Placed my order on the 30th for a Graphite model. Sadly I missed the pre-order bonus window and signed up to be notified when they got more stock in... When ordering, the site said it "leaves the warehouse" on the 12th of this month. Can't wait, my GN4 is on its last legs...
Ordered mine on the 30th and just got an e mail saying it shipped out. I got the 64 aluminum.

Upvote 0
Placed my order on the 30th for a Graphite model. Sadly I missed the pre-order bonus window and signed up to be notified when they got more stock in... When ordering, the site said it "leaves the warehouse" on the 12th of this month. Can't wait, my GN4 is on its last legs...

How's your Note 4 on its last legs?? Mine's still kicking solid besides some lag

Upvote 0
My "scheduled to leave warehouse by Nov 12th" 128 graphite just shipped today. I should have it by Wednesday the 11th. Way earlier than the ETA of the 18th. A very nice surprise! :thumbs up: Hopefully all those who have been waiting gets their shipped notice soon...

How's your Note 4 on its last legs?? Mine's still kicking solid besides some lag

It's been freezing on me at the worst times (while using Navi w/ voice prompts) So I'll be driving somewhere and cutting it close in terms of time and I'll almost miss a turn because I realized the entire phone froze up and stopped giving me directions...

After I get the 6p and make it my DD, I'll reflash a fresh ROM on the GN4... Hopefully that will restore it to the way it was during its hey day... I'm still running a custom Kitkat ROM..

Upvote 0
Wow, I pre-ordered mine on Oct 22nd and it's not scheduled to arrive until Dec. 10th-14th. How'd you get so lucky?

Upvote 0
Wow, I pre-ordered mine on Oct 22nd and it's not scheduled to arrive until Dec. 10th-14th. How'd you get so lucky?

That's a real bummer... from what I've been reading around the web, it almost seems random the order that Google is processing their orders. Seriously at this point, you might have better luck placing another order and then cancelling the one that ships last...

I do see the aluminum 64gb version is available to order with an expected ship date in 7 days!... Might be worth a shot? Especially since they don't charge your card until they ship..

Good luck. Fingers crossed you receive yours soon.

Reactions: ella69
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones