• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 6P worth the extra £100 over the Moto X Style

I haven't used either but I've been watching the news/reviews since I'm in the market for a new phone. Some thoughts:

Moto has been slow at updates lately. Nexus will get monthly updates for latest features and more importantly latest security patches.

Same screen size but the Nexus 6p is thinner. I don't think I'd like the rounded back of the moto if I was holding my phone on top of my battery pack in my hand as I do often (charge on the run).

You're comparing $499 version of 6p to $399 version of style. The $499 version of Nexus 6p comes with 32gb internal storage, while the $399 version of Moto Style comes with only 16gb internal storage. Upgrading the Moto to 32gb (apples to apples?*) and it will cost $449. * Of course the 6p doesn't have external sd card while Moto does... so maybe you feel ok with only 16GB. I tend to install a lot of stuff so I think I'd want 32gb internal but also like the external sd card for stored videos/photos etc.

Nexus has aluminum body (vs plastic for moto) a little more horsepower in the cpu and graphics processor and a little larger battery.

Nexus 6p had amoled screen which is considered (by some) to have nicer colors than moto lcd ips...But the moto lcd probably does better in sunlight

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/huawei-google-nexus-6p-2999-vs-motorola-moto-x-style-2819

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones