Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb or 32gb

1. downinone

downinone New Member

Hi all,

Looking to purchase the Nexus 7 2nd edition but not sure which storage capacity to get 16gb or 32gb:confused:.

I am aware the operating system (from past threads) uses some 4gb. Im proposing to use this table mainly for eBooks', storage of some music, emailing via Virgin Media whilst overseas and using Virgins Android App, when it arrives:mad:

Would be interested in readers views on this matter please.

Being new to the tablet scene, is it norm for the manufacturers in this case Asus, to drop their prices after a period of time. Having trawled the net it would appear the prices are set for this product. Looking to buy for Christmas or shortly afterwards, should I wait??;)

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, downinone! :hello:
    I bought the first N7, 8Gb version and deeply regret it. Yes, system does take up a considerable amount and if you intend to download a bit of media, always go as high as possible. Storing stuff in the cloud is okay, but the day you need it and have no wifi, you'll regret it.
  3. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Get the 32GB version, it will give you allot more freedom when downloading your apps, music, videos or whatever. :p
  4. downinone

downinone New Member

Thank you both for the quick reply. All points noted;)

Any views on how pricing for this product works:confused:
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

The pricing is controlled by Google rather than Asus. Can't really predict how this year's model will go, but last year I don't recall many pricing adjustments - there was an effective reduction when they increased the storage, not a lot else that I noticed. It's actually sold at a pretty low price for the spec right from the start, so I don't think you should expect it to steadily decline the way a phone's offline (unsubsidised) price generally does, though I can't guarantee that there won't be some (probably modest) adjustment at some point - I've no inside knowledge here.
  6. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

I don't foresee any price drop coming soon. If it were to happen, it would probably not occur until it is time for the 3rd generation to come out as they try to clear out inventory. This probably wouldn't happen until like June if it were to happen at all. They didn't do it with the 1st generation Nexus 7, though they did just do it with the Nexus 4 about a month ago.
  7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

I would suggest my rule: always get the biggest storage you can afford. Apps like games and stuff steadily increase in size as they accumulate data and get updates. Then sometimes you want to add more apps. Then you want to have media like movies, books, pictures, music, etc. I'd suggest the 32GB.
  8. downinone

downinone New Member

Thanks all:)

Will go for 32GB and buy sooner than later. This will give me a longer with the current 2 edition Nexus 7 before they bring out a new model/upgrade:cheers:

Would like to have hit the THANKS button but due to age unable to see it:D:D:D
  9. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid. Guide

This is definitely the way to go, especially since the Nexus 7 does not have an SD card slot for expandable storage.