nexus 7 as tv remoteGeneral

1. madmopedracer

madmopedracer New Member

as above is it possable to use the nexus as a tv/stereo remote

Advertisement
    :
  2. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Depends on your TV mostly, but a quick Play Store search of TV Remote yielded a lot of results, so take a look and take your pick. They all require a WiFi enabled TV, though
    madmopedracer likes this.
  3. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

You can use it as a remote for Google TVs and it is the remote for the set-top boxes for the new Google Fiber network.
  4. idic

idic Well-Known Member

If you have Google TV then that comes with an IR blaster that can control power, volume and input selection for two devices. Able Remote app will control GTV, which will pass on any necesarry commands to the TV or amp.
  5. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I have a samsung smart tv and use the samsung remote app on the play store to control it, your tablet and tv have to be on the same wifi network obviously.

the Nexus 7 has no infra red unit so wifi is the only way it can work, unless you buy an IRDroid adapter of similar to plug itno the tablet.
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Well, there is this vaporware I'm (very slowly) working on that talks bluetooth to an arduino that can send IR:

The AardRemote Project

The hardware works quite well and was easy to build, the microcode on the arduino also works well, but things slow down a lot when I have to learn android programming to finish it :).