Nexus 7 can,t get Bluetooth keyboard to work.Tips

Last Updated:

1. TomWho

TomWho Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My Motorola Bluetooth keyboard worked a few times but no longer. Nexus says paired and connect but it does not work. I have recently rooted he nexus.
    It is a nice keyboard and works fine with another tablet. Can you help?

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Hi tomwho!

I'm gonna move this to the N7 forums because I think you'll get more of a specific answer over there. I just got my N7 so I haven't had a chance to buy any peripherals yet.

3. eightsixseven

eightsixseven Member

Having the same problem with my nexus 10 and Motorola kz500. Connects but doesn't do anything. Just verified it connects to my rooted htc evo v 4g and works so I think the keyboard is ok.

edit: looks like there are people complaining the latest android update has broken bluetooth in some way,
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/an...has-broken-bluetooth-users-complain-50009768/

4. Kidjel

Kidjel New Member

I have both a N7 & N10. The Motorola KZ500 works great with the N7 but not at all with the N10. It pairs fine but the N10 does not respond at all to kybd input. I bought the M KZ500 to work with the N10... I'm hoping the next update to the N10 fixes the problem.

5. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

I noticed when I update was applied I lost my automatic connection to my bluetooth keyboard as well. Try removing it from the list of known bound devices and re establish pairing with it.

6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

The update broke it. It's is not the hardware.