Nexus 7 hotspotSupport

Last Updated: 2013-06-15 12:27:09
  1. Tuinslang

Tuinslang New Member

Hi All,

I purchased both the N7 wifi (for my daughter) and the N7 3G for myself with the idea of using the 3G N7 as a wifi hotspot.

Unfortunately I am not able to find tethering options on the 3G N7, maybe I am just looking in the wrong place.

Is it possible to connect the wifi N7 to my 3G N7 so she can surf the net?

Many thanx

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I've not heard of much success using the stock build unfortunately. There are inbuilt tethering options in custom ROMS like Cyanogen and AOKP, so rooting is most likely you're best option, sorry!
  3. Tuinslang

Tuinslang New Member

Thanx Guys, appreciate it
  4. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I bought the T-Mobile 4G wifi hotspot. Works great on my plain old Nexus 7. Not exactly related to your question, but would get either device on wifi. $35.00/60 days for 3.5gb data/60 days. I'm at 161mb after 2+ weeks.
  5. askquestion1

askquestion1 New Member

Have you tried FoxFi? I used it on AT&T Galaxy SIII mini. Turns it into a hotspot and then connect to this hotspot from my Nexus 7 (no WiFi). Works.

FoxFi comes with free and paid version. I tried the free version. Only data plan required, no tether plan required. AT&T and Sprint disable FoxFi on its PlayStore. Needs a separate link to download and install. Good luck.
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

I use FoxFi sometimes on my phone to give my Nexus 7 internet connectivity via bluetooth, so I'm pretty sue you can use the bluetooth no matter what other restrictions the Nexus 7 might have (of course it isn't quite as simple to connect to as wifi).

Very handy for running a chat session to comcast support when my comcast internt is down :).